fourth year × 58

Harry was whisked away to Dumbledore's office after finding Barty Crouch. The trio didn't know what to do.

"Keep this quiet until Dumbledore decides how ter handle it." Hagrid warned. They nodded and left the forest.

"I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione muttered, gulping slightly.

•••

Nadia and Draco sat against the oak tree. She was between in his legs as his arms snaked around her waist, hers latched onto his forearms. "Is everything okay?" Draco asked. "You seem stressed."

Nadia sighed. "I'm fine. Just a lot's happening with the third task approaching." It wasn't a lie as such, she just couldn't tell him about Barty.

Draco nodded, placing a kiss atop her head. "I still can't believe it."

"Believe what?"

"That you're mine."

Nadia smiled. "Well believe it because it's happening."

"I don't deserve you." Draco whispered, burying his head into the crook of her neck.

Nadia repositioned her head so she was able to look into his eyes. "Nothing can change the way I feel about you." He grinned, holding her tighter.

They sat for a while longer before eventually retreating back to the castle. However, as Nadia was walking through the corridor, she heard raised voices from the potions cupboard.

Curiously, she approached it and saw Igor Karkaroff with his sleeve up, revealing the Dark Mark on his left forearm. "It's a sign, Severus! You know what it means as much as I." Then, his head snapped to Nadia who quietly gasped.

With a glare, he shoved down his sleeve and stormed away. Nadia attempted to leave but Snape stopped her. "Konstantinova! What's your hurry?" He drawled. "Congratulations, your performance in the Black Lake was inspiring."

Nadia had a feeling that the comment was sarcastic but slowly nodded her head. "Thank you, sir."

He pulled out a small vile of potion and narrowed his eyes at her. "Do you know what this is?"

"Bubble juice, sir?" She answered, not even looking at the vial.

He sneered. "Veritaserum. Three drops of this and You-Know-Who himself would spill his darkest secrets. The use of this on a student is regrettably forbidden, however, should you ever steal from my personal stores again, my hand might just slip over your morning pumpkin juice."

Nadia furrowed her eyebrows. "I haven't stolen anything, sir."

His took a tormenting step forward. "Don't lie to me." He droned. "Boomslang skin? Lacewing flies? You and your friends and brewing Polyjuice potion and, believe me, I'm going to find out why." Before Nadia could protest, Snape slammed the door in her face.

She stood there for a minute, eyes wide, before heading to the Great Hall. Something didn't feel right.

Instead of heading for the Ravenclaw table, she headed for the Gryffindor one, popping herself down beside Ron and leaning in. "Something's wrong."

Hermione threaded her eyebrows together. "What do you mean?"

"Snape just stopped me. He thought we were stealing stuff from store. Ingredients for Polyjuice potion." Nadia explained.