seventh year × 93

With a crack, the trio landed in Godric's Hollow, wearing heavy coats and scarves wrapped around their necks.

Golden streetlights glimmered along the narrow road leading to the centre of the town. Christmas decorations twinkled in the windows of small cottages, their roofs blanketed in snow.

"I still think we should have used Polyjuice Potion." Hermione whispered, eyes darting around the dark streets.

"No. This is where I was born. I'm not returning as someone else." Harry dismissed.

The girls looped their arms through his as they strode down the cobbled road. A pub door opened briefly, music and laughter spilling forth, bringing smiles to the trio's faces.

"Harry, I think it's Christmas Eve. Listen." Nadia said, beaming.

They came to a stop in front of a snowy graveyard. Harry looked on wistfully. "Do you think my parents would be in here?"

The girls glanced at eachother with sad smiles. "Yeah. I think they would be." Hermione said, causing Harry's face to break into a soft grin.

The singing was full and rich as the trio ventured into the snow-covered graveyard, eyeing each of the gravestones sorrowfully. Harry peered up into the stained glass windows glittering over him, whilst Hermione ventured further into the graveyard.

Harry and Nadia continued walking side-by-side until Harry halted, eyes glossy.

Nadia followed his line of sight, slipping her hand into his and squeezing as she realised what he was seeing.

JAMES POTTER
Born 27 March 1960
Died 31 October 1981

LILY POTTER
Born 30 January 1960
Died 31 October 1981

'The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.'

"Harr--" Hermione called but stopped herself as she joined the utterly still pair.

She crouched down and conjured a beautiful wreath of white, Christmas roses on the gravestone.

Standing back up, Hermione and Nadia both wrapped their arms around his torso and leaned their heads on his shoulders as he draped his arms around them, needing the comfort.

"Happy Christmas, girls." Harry sniffled.

"Happy Christmas, Harry." The girls returned, hugging him tighter.

The trio stood like that for a while, soaking in the respectful silence before Hermione spoke up shakily.

"Guys...Someone's watching us. By the gate."

Harry and Nadia turned their heads in that direction, squinting through the darkness.

Sure enough, a little old lady stood a few metres away, watching the trio. She didn't move initially, as if wanting them to see her, then she turned and began to hobble away.

Harry's eyes stayed trained on the small figure as he began to follow her. "C'mon."

Nadia and Hermione watched curiously, trailing behind the eager boy and the hobbling shadow.

"Harry, I don't think this is a good idea." Nadia said, looking from the woman to her surroundings, feeling trapped.

"We look like ordinary muggles. It's fine. I won't let anything happen to either of you." Harry reassured, taking both Nadia and Hermione's hands in his own.

Just then, the woman stopped and held her hand up, gesturing for them to duck into an alley just as a group of snatchers passed by.

After, the woman continued to hobble on. The lane was lined with small and tidy gardens. Hermione barely glanced at them, clutching onto the figure next to her. Then, she realised it wasn't Harry, it was Nadia.