sleepless night

It was another restless night for Sophie. She sat in her bed, clinging to Ella and Mr. Snuggles. She glanced at her Imparter, wondering if she should hail him or not. She knew he would be awake, but she didn't want to be teased.

Next thing she knew, his handsome face filled the screen. "Another sleepless night, Foster?"

Sophie tucked a piece of hair behind her ear and blushed. "With Mom, Dad, and Sandor off trying to capture a Sasquatch, it's hard for me to."

He smiled a sad smile and replied with, "I'm coming. Meet me in the living room?"

She nodded and ended the call. She headed down to the first floor and sat on the couch, waiting for Keefe to arrive. When he did, she got up and wrapped him in a hug, which he didn't hesitate to return.

Sophie plopped onto her bed and took Ella and Mr. Snuggles back into her arms. Keefe laid down next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. He placed his face into her neck and whispered, "Get some sleep, Foster, I'm right here if anything happens."

Sophie nodded and closed her eyes, still holding Ella and Snuggles. She backed up a bit into his body, feeling safer.

"Wow Foster. You really are scared. I said I got you. Do you not trust me?" Keefe said, with a bit of a laugh.

"Of course I trust you! It's just, this is my first time being home alone since I came here, and it's scarier than the Forbidden Cities. I'm sorry." Sophie replied.

Keefe started running his fingers through her hair with his free hand, and surprisingly, it calmed her. "Keefe?" she whispered.

"Yeah Foster?" he replied, continuing to keep her calm.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Sticking by my side. And for not teasing me tonight." Sophie replied, turning around so her face was nuzzled into his chest.

Keefe smiled and wrapped her up into a hug.

"I'll always be here for you, Sophie. Always."

Before they knew it, they had both fallen asleep.

I'M SO SORRY THIS IS SHORT BUT IDK HOW TO END THIS AHA😂