jealous

Sophie Foster has been going to school with Keefe Sencen ever since they were in preschool. The two had been super close until they got into middle school, where social appearances mattered.

Sophie was classified as a smart kid and Keefe started running with the jock crowd.

The two kept talking, keeping their friendship secret. They met up a few times for coffee or homework sessions and went to some baseball games and movies together, but otherwise didn't say a word to one another.

But suddenly, Junior year came around. It was the first day of school, and our little Keefeo hadn't seen Sophie in a while.

He was walking down the halls of Foxfire High with the other baseball players when he happened to look to his left.

Sophie was at her locker, talking and laughing with some boy. Keefe's eyes lingered on Sophie, him watching her smile and laugh like she was the most precious thing on the planet.

"Hey, who's that, talking to Sophie?" Keefe asked Fitz.

"Oh, he's new. Jaryd Dreger, I think?" Fitz replied.

Keefe nodded and told his friends he'd meet up with them later.

The boy walked over to Sophie and saw her wearing a fuzzy, off the shoulder sweater, a jean skirt, and Doc Martins. Her platinum blonde hair was tied into a loose, side ponytail with a mustard yellow scrunchie.

"Hey Soph," Keefe said, draping an arm over her shoulders.

Jaryd looked at Keefe and then back at Sophie.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Jaryd asked.

"No, he's just a friend," Sophie replied.

Jaryd slowly nodded and said that he should go. Sophie gave a weak goodbye before angerly shoving Keefe's arm off.

"What the hell, Keefe?" she asked.

"He........seemed a bit sketchy," Keefe replied, sucking in a breath and stuffing his hands in his jean pockets.

"He's on the debate team. There's nothing sketch about him!" Sophie quietly yelled.

Keefe rolled his eyes and took his hands out of his pockets. He took Sophie's hands into his and he looked her in the eye.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Is Keefe Sencen jealous?" Sophie said with a soft laugh.

The blonde boy smiled and Sophie laughed. She took her hands back and grabbed a few books from her locker.

"I have to get to science. See you later," she said, planting a quick kiss on his cheek and closing her locker.

Keefe stood at her locker, his hand softly touching the spot where Sophie's lips have been.

The bell rang and our little Keefeo ran off to English. And let me tell you, Sophie never left his mind that whole day.

During lunch, Keefe was scouting out Sophie, looking to see where she was. And he found her, sitting and laughing with Jaryd.

He felt like steam was coming out of his ears, but he knew he couldn't be mad. Because he wasn't dating Sophie and she was allowed to date whoever she wanted.

But Keefe now knew.

He wanted her to date him.

So later that day, after school, he caught up to Sophie, who was getting in her car.

"Hey Keefe!" she said, putting her books and bag into her car.

Keefe smiled and hugged her. Sophie was a bit confused, but hugged him back.

"So, uhm, can I ask you something?" Keefe asked, letting go.

"You just did," Sophie said with a giggle.

Keefe laughed. "Uhm, I was wondering if you, uh, wanted to be my girlfriend?"

Sophie smiled and took his hands in hers. "Of course."

She stood on her toes and pressed her lips to his. They both closed their eyes and Sophie squeezed his hands.

And when she let go, there was a confused look on his face.

"But.......what about Jaryd?" he asked.

"He's not my type."

"Then what is your type?"

"Keefe Sencen."

They both smiled and kissed again. Sophie cupped his face and her smile stayed on her face while her lips were against her boyfriend's.