late night

Sophie Foster couldn't sleep. It was late at night and the great Fitzphie breakup was still affecting her mood. She knew it was coming for a while and yes, she needed to end it, but it still affected her bad.

It was around two in the morning when Sophie sat up and picked up her phone (Dex decided to make them after visiting the Forbidden Cities) and texted Keefe.

"Hey, Keefe. I can't sleep."

"You too, Foster?"

"Yeah."

"But seriously, you've been losing a lot of sleep. Are you alright?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"Okay. Just get some sleep, okay?"

"Okay."

When he didn't reply, Sophie swore under her breath and turned off her phone. She laid back down on her bed and sighed. She wanted to talk to him about it, but Fitz was his best friend and it was probably awkward for him.

As she was about to pick up her phone, there was a knock on her door. Her head sharply turned to the wooden rectangle and she slowly got up. When she opened it, it was none other than the handsome man himself. Keefe Sencen.

She immediately fell into his arms, and he stumbled back a bit before he hugged her back.

"Hey, Foster. You okay?" he asked when she let go and pulled him into her room.

They sat down on her bed and Sophie nodded. But then it turned into shaking her head.

The blonde boy pulled her into a hug and she buried her face into his shoulder. She cried a bit before she pulled away.

"I'm sorry," Sophie chocked out, wiping tears off her face.

"Don't be, Foster. If you want to talk about it, you can."

"No, I need too."

She gave a long, dramatic sigh before continuing.

"The whole breakup has really been tolling on my emotions lately and it isn't doing me justice. And I know it might be awkward for you to talk about this with me since Fitz is your best friend, but I need to talk to someone about it. I'm also surprised at myself that I'm crying. I didn't expect myself to cry over something like this. And I'm sorry for dragging you over here, I'm totally the worst friend ever."

Sophie held her face in her hands and waited for what felt like an eternity for Keefe to reply.

"You're not the worst friend ever. You're actually one of the greatest I've ever had. Don't ever doubt that. And I get it. Sure, I've never been in a relationship before, but I'm an Empath. I feel things."

Sophie nodded before she pulled him into a never ending hug. The two stayed tangled in eachother's arms for so long, it felt like they were the only ones on the planet.

"You mean the world to me, Foster," Keefe whispered.

Sophie pulled back and looked at his face. "What?"

"You mean the world to me. I was lost before I met you, and you found me. I don't know where I would be without you."

Sophie gave a soft smile before she placed her hands on his face.

Her entire mind was shouting "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" but she ignored all those thoughts as she inched closer to his face, her eyes closed.

"Wha-" Keefe started to say, but he got cut off when Sophie's lips pressed against his.

Keefe's lips were soft and sweet. She felt him place his hands on her face and she gave a small smile.

The blonde boy let out a small moan and felt her smile against their lips. She let go and their foreheads rested against eachother. Their eyes opened and they smiled at eachother.

"You're my world, too, Keefe."

Keefe gave one last final smile before he pulled her into another kiss.