pool

THIS HAS LEGACY SPOILERS IN IT SO DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ LEGACY BUT IT'S A GOOD SPOILER AND KINDA A REALLY IMPORTANT ONE SO MAYBE READ BUT IDK JUST READ AT UR OWN RISK!

LAST WARNING!!

"Keefe, why are you dressed in swim trunks?"

Keefe was standing in Sophie's doorframe, a towel draped over his shoulder and he only had orange swim trunks on with a white stripe on the sides. It had been two weeks since the boy had woken from the deep coma, and today was the one day Edaline made her stay home instead of visiting him.

"Because, Foster, Shores of Solace doesn't have a pool-sized bathtub, and Candleshade is a wreck, so we can't go swimming there, so I thought we should do it in your bathtub! And after the great Fitzphie breakup, I decided that I need to cheer you up somehow."

"You want us to go swimming in my bathtub. Is that correct?" Sophie asked, blushing a bit from the last comment he made.

"Yes, Foster. Because I'm bored and it looks like you're bored, so let's swim."

Sophie rolled her eyes and let Keefe into her bedroom.

"I'll be out here, Hunkyhair, making real convo with Gigantor," Ro called out as Sophie shut the door.

"Soooooo, we gonna swim or not?" he asked, walking towards the bathroom door.

"Well, what did my mom say?" she asked, knowing Edaline would've asked many questions.

"She didn't really say anything. She kind of laughed and let me come up here."

Sophie rolled her eyes and followed him into the bathroom. I guess I don't know Edaline, she thought to herself.

"Fine, just let me get changed."

Keefe pounded his fist in the air as he closed the door and started up the bath. Sophie walked over to her closet, which was by her bed, and quickly changed into a one-piece, deep red swimsuit. She shaved her legs real quick and brushed her platinum blonde hair. She grabbed a towel and walked into the bathroom.

The bathtub/pool was already full with hot water and floaties. Keefe's towel laid crumbled in a pile on the floor by her sink, and the infamous blonde boy was sitting on the edge, dangling his feet into the pool.

"Are you happy?" Sophie asked as she slipped into the pool.

"Yes! This is going to be so cool!" Keefe said, slipping in after her.

Sophie smiled as she was trying to climb onto a unicorn floatie. She kept trying to wrap her legs over it, but she kept falling into the water.

"Do you need help?" Keefe asked as she surfaced after the fifteenth time.

"I was trying to get onto it so I didn't have to get wet, but as we can see, that ultimately failed."

Keefe laughed and made his way over to her, a blue pool noodle under his arms, keeping him afloat.

"Well, you look even more beautiful now," Keefe said, coming right up to her and pushing a piece of wet hair behind her ear.

Sophie blushed and looked down at her fidgeting hands. Keefe smiled and managed to climb onto the floatie. He held out his hand for Sophie to take it, but she didn't. She instead splashed water onto the empath and chuckled when he made a small pouty face at the telepath.

"Oh, it is so on, Foster."

Keefe slipped out and swam closer to her. He splashed water at her, and she held up her arms to hopefully not get too wet.

She splashed back, and it kept going on and on, for about an hour and a half, until they were both lightly panting.

"So, who won?" he asked as Sophie grabbed a purple pool noodle to put under her arms.

"Oh, definitely me," she responded as she kicked her way closer to the blonde boy.

"Ha, that's what you like to think," Keefe responded, giving her a sly smile.

"What does that mean?" Sophie asked, swimming closer to the boy.

"It means......I totally won."

Sophie looked up and down his face before smiling.

"Yeah right, silly. I totally won," said Sophie, letting go of the noodle so she was practically pressed against Keefe's body.

Keefe rolled his eyes and Sophie's smile grew even more. She glanced at his lips and then back to his eyes, which were fixated on her.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing, I-I just..................."

"Just what Foster?" he asked when she didn't respond.

"I......ah screw it."

And with those words, she finally pressed her body to his and collided her lips with his. At first, he was taken aback and let out a small moan of surprise, but he then agreed to it and fluttered his eyes shut. He wrapped his arms around her waist and Sophie smiled against their pressed lips. She deepened it a bit and Keefe didn't fight back. Nothing too much, just a little naive deepening.

After about seven seconds, Sophie released and smiled. Keefe pressed his forehead to hers, his eyes still closed as he smiled.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that," Sophie whispered, looking up and down his face.

"Me too Foster, me too."

Sophie closed her eyes and smiled when he said those words.

Keefe pulled her back to his body and they hugged for so long. They didn't let go until the sky was turning dark and Sophie started to get hungry.

She pulled back from him and climbed out of the tub. They pulled all the toys out of the tub and drained the tub.

Keefe wrapped Sophie's towel around her shoulders and slyly gave her a hug from behind. He placed his head on her shoulder and Sophie turned her head a bit so her cheek was pressed against his.

"Sophie, can we get food?" he asked.

Sophie laughed and nodded. "Let me get changed. And I'll ask Edaline to conjure you some clothes."

Keefe smiled and let her go. After they got changed and brushed out their hair, they walked downstairs and Edaline made some mallowmelt. After the mallowmelt, Edaline conjured up some blankets and pillows under the Panakes tree and the two then changed into pajamas.

Sophie met Keefe under the tree and climbed into the pile of blankets. He moved closer to her and wrapped an arm around her waist. Sophie laid her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"For what?" he whispered back.

"For everything, because you've always been there for me and you always know what I'm going through and how to help. It's the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."

Keefe looked down at the almost asleep girl and gave a soft smile. He lightly kissed her forehead and whispered, "I'm always here for you Foster."