missing pt 2

"There's always a choice, Keefe."

"Keefe, there is always a choice."

"Keefe......"

"Keefe....."

Sophie sat up, trying to catch her breath. Ever since Keefe was kidnapped from the Healing Center after the events in Loamnore, she's been having terrible nightmares. She knew that Gisela was hiding him somewhere and that the Black Swan was doing everything in it's power to find him, but she was forbidden to help, for her emotions might get in the way.

Biana sat up and looked over at Sophie. She had been sleeping over the past couple of day, helping Sophie cope and to be there for her friend.

"Sophie, it's okay. We'll get him back," she whispered, rubbing her back.

"No, it's not. I don't care what Forkle said, I'm going to find him," she replied, starting to get out of bed.

"Sophie, do you remember when you were kidnapped and held in that shed? He went crazy. The only way he knew where you possibly were as because he knew the Neverseen's hideouts. And maybe Tam knows something, but either way we will find him, okay?"

Sophie nodded and climbed back into her bed. Biana pulled her into a hug and Sophie practically squeezed the life out of her.

"Okay," she replied.

"Now, go back to bed. It's late," Biana said, laying back down.

And Sophie cooperated, until the next day. She woke up before everyone else and slipped on some work clothes. After she laced up her boots, she opened a window and jumped out. As she neared the ground, a void opened up and she leaped through.

As she floated around, Keefe's face smiled in her mind. It almost made her cry but she concentrated on his old home, Candleshade, and opened another portal. Because apparently, when she went missing, he spent everyday with Edaline. And she thought maybe if she spent a day in his old room, she would feel better.

When she landed, it was a bit tougher than normal, so she collapsed to the ground. She looked up and the building was still in tact but you could feel it was abandoned.

And as Sophie was about to stand up, there was a crash from the inside. There was some yelling and then it stopped.

Another shout came and she could've sworn it was Keefe's voice. But it couldn't be, right? She finally stood up and wearily walked towards the building.

She quietly eneterd the home and found the voices to be coming from the living room. As she tiptoed to the room, the more she had the feeling that Keefe wasn't anywhere near the room, let alone the house.

And when she managed to sneak to hide behind the couch, the only other person she could see was Gisela.

"Come here, Sophie," she said in her shrill voice.

Sophie tensed up but stood. Gisela looked the same as she always did but her eyes had a certain look to them. Pain? Hurt? Loss?

"What do you want?" Sophie asked, clenching her hands into fists.

"You."

"Well duh. But why?"

"Because you're important to my son's legacy."

She stopped but only for a second. "Do you have him? I need him back."

"Oh you do? I need him more."

"All you've done is lie to him. I've shown him love and truth."

"Love?"

"Yes. I haven't realized it until you took him, but I love him. I love him more than you ever will."