their first

Sophie stood off to the side, hiding in the shadows of the near by trees. Sure, the Celestial Festival was fun, but with all the recent events with the Neverseen, it was hard to be in a good mood.

While all the fireworks were going off, Sophie saw Keefe walking towards her. He came and sat next to her, letting her rest her head on his shoulder.

"Not enjoying it?" he asked, taking her gloved hand and letting their fingers intertwine.

"I mean, I don't know. Yeah it's beautiful, but with everything that's been going on with the Neverseen, it's kind of dampening my mood," she replied.

Keefe nodded tracing his thumb over her hand. "Yeah, I can feel it."

Sophie laughed watched the light show. Keefe let his head rest on top of hers and she sighed, glad he was there.

"You know," Sophie whispered, "you're the only thing that really gets me through stuff. I mean, Fitz is nice and all that, but you really understand me. Thank you for asking if I was lost."

Keefe laughed. "I'm glad I asked you, Foster. And, if we're being honest, after everything we've been through, you're the only thing that keeps me going. In the middle of those battles and I look over and see you fighting, I think to myself, 'Wow. Look at her go! I taught her well.'"

Sophie playfully slapped his arm and they laughed, but she paused to look in his eyes, which took her breath away.

"I'm not kidding though, Foster. You're the one who gets me through things. Promise me that Team Foster-Keefe will always live on," he whispered.

Sophie looked into his eyes and glanced at his lips, only to look back at his eyes. Keefe took his free hand and cupped her face. He leaned down and pressed his lips onto hers.

His lips were soft and sweet and Sophie wanted to keep hers onto his forever.

Sophie closed her eyes and deepened the kiss a bit. When she let go, she let her forehead rest on his.

"I love you, Sencen."

"Right back at ya, Foster."