romeo and juliet

this is dedicated to sophie__lastnames because she came up with this <3

Junior student Sophie Foster was walking down the halls of Foxfire High when she noticed a group of kids surrounding the main community bulletin board.

That day she was wearing a white short sleeve t-shirt with a beige tank top over it. The two shirts were tucked into a pair of mom jeans and the outfit was brought together with platform white sneakers, a white bandana styled the way everyone on TikTok styles them, and her mustard yellow Fjallraven Kanken backpack.

The girl pushed her way to the front to see what the commotion was and saw a flyer for the spring play, 'Romeo and Juliet'.

The blonde girl smiled and was about to walk away when an arm draped over her shoulder.

"Keefe, what are you doing here?" she asked, looking up at her best friend.

"Checking the football score, but all these theater kids are here, blocking the board. And what are you doing here? You're not thinking of joining the theater are you?" the blonde boy asked.

Today, the beautiful boy was wearing jeans, his favorite pair of Nikes, a plain white tee, and his blue and white varsity jacket

"No, I'm thinking we join the theater."

Keefe laughed but stopped when she didn't laugh with him.

"Oh, you're serious."

"Yes, I'm serious! We could maybe make new friends and find a new hobby!" Sophie argued, the two of them walking away from the crowd and to their math class.

"Fine, but only because I'd do anything for you."

Sophie giggled and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek before running to her desk in the back.

Keefe's hand lingered on the spot where her lips touched his cheek and he smiled. He sat down in the front row at his seat and took out his notebook.

oNe mOntH lAtEr

"Is that the director?" Sophie asked.

It was the end of the school day and Keefe and Sophie were hiding in the corner, watching the gaggle of theater kids crowd around the board once again. Auditions were a week ago and the two blondes did pretty well. They also did good in callbacks, people telling them left and right they would get Romeo and Juliet. But as it is their first year, they weren't hopeful.

As the director pinned up the list, Sophie squeezed his arm. There were squeals of excitement and groans of disappointment as the director walked away and the crowd drew close to the paper.

The blondes ducked behind the stone column they were using as a hideout as people from the crowd walked past. Keefe checked after a few minutes to see if everyone was gone, and when he nodded, they ran across the hallway and stopped at the board.

Sophie's finger ran across the words and they gasped when the paper read:

Juliet Capulet..................Sophie Foster
Romeo Montague..................Keefe Sencen

"Oh my god," Keefe said, grabbing her hand.

"OH MY GOD!" Sophie yelled, facing the Sencen boy, grabbing his other hand, and jumping up and down with excitement.

"We did it!" he said with excitement, hugging her and lifting her up off the ground.

The two laughed and looked back at the list.