christmas waltz

ik I've already done a Christmas and dinner party one, but I wanted to do a little Christmas special that was similar :)
this is also a human au where they're all rich families
merry Christmas to all who celebrate and enjoy!

"Sophie, please. I know you hate big parties like this, but please. It's just one night. And all your friends will be there," Edaline said, holding two gigantic shopping bags in her hands. "I already bought you some dresses anyways."

"But mom! It's at the Vackers! Also, it's a Christmas party! I hate Christmas parties! And, those friends are my rich life friends. Not my real friends," Sophie complained, flopping down on her bed.

"One night. This means so much to your dad."

"But it's Christmas Eve!"

"Sophie...."

Sophie sighed, sat up, and patted the spot on the bed next to her.

"Fine. Show me the dresses."

After about an hour, Sophie was ready. Out of the four dresses, Sophie had chosen a simple red dress with sleeves that ended at the elbows and in the middle where the top met the skirt, there were gold sparkles ombrèing from barely any, to a lot, and then back to none. It's to complement your eyes, her mother said.

Sophie then curled her hair into loose curls, pinned up the curls framing the left side of her face up with a gold leaf clip. She then asked her older sister, Jolie, to do her makeup. She ended up doing a red eyeshadow with gold in the inner creases. Sophie was then given a winged eyeliner look and mascara. Jolie added a bit of foundation and concealer and let Sophie add some red lip gloss.

After Sophie slipped on a pair of gold heels, Jolie stepped back and gasped.

"You're beautiful. Now, c'mon, the limo's waiting."

Sophie smiled and rolled her eyes. She grabbed her gold clutch, which carried her phone and some mints, and followed her sister outside and into the limo, where her parents were waiting.

"Wow, Sophie. You look stunning," her dad said, fixing up his tie.

"Thanks, Dad," she said, smiling at him.

They then started driving and soon arrived at the Vacker's mansion.

The place looked like a palace. Of course, Sophie knew this, The place was practically like her second home. She, Fitz, and Biana have grown up to be friends. And Biana was her closest, rich family life. Of course, Sophie had friends from her public school, but she did have to have friends in the other part of her life.

Grady helped Edaline exit the car, and did so with her two other daughters. They walked up to the door and a man whom Sophie had never met, opened it for them.

She said a quick thank you before heading in. Alden and Della came rushing in from the eating area when they heard the door open.

Everyone said their hellos and Alden took Grady off somewhere, as did Della with Edaline. Jolie saw a friend across the room and left Sophie alone in the foyer.

The blonde popped in a mint and casually walked into the eating area. There, she found a bunch of other wealthy families. The Songs, Vackers, Redeks, Dizznees, Endals, and so many others. But the one family that stood out were the Sencens.

Alden and Cassius had always been acquaintances, never really friends. So to see him and his family, well it was a surprise.

Sophie knew their son, Keefe, pretty well. He was the only "rich friend" she really talked to outside of the social events.

So, since he was the only one she felt comfortable actually talking to, she made her way over to him.

He was standing with his parents, kind of being forced to listen to the conversation.

Sophie tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around, holding a glass that looked to be filled with white wine.

He was wearing a tux with a bow tie. His hair was in its natural fluffy state and his ice-blue eyes shone.

"Sophie!" he exclaimed, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey, Keefe! How are you? How's school?" she asked.

"I-I'm good. And the school's okay. My mom's forcing me to do soccer and my dad's all up in my grades."

"Aww, I'm sorry. So uhh, wanna come with me to get food?"

"I thought you would never ask," he said, sticking out his arm.

She took it and their elbows interlinked. The two chatted and laughed as Sophie gathered some food onto a glass plate. She poured some sparkling cider in a glass and refilled Keefe's glass.

They walked over to a spot and started talking. They caught up on everything and tried to avoid social interaction as much as possible.

But then, Alden did a tap-tap with his glass and announced, "Alright everyone. Please take you and a partner and head into the ballroom!"

Sophie and Keefe watched other couples go in and then at each other.

"So, you wanna dance?" he asked.

"Sure," Sophie replied, setting down her clutch and taking the boy's outstretched hand.

They followed the adults into the ballroom to hear the orchestra play the Christmas Waltz. The adults took each other and started dancing to the waltz. Keefe and Sophie managed to weasel their way into the crowd of dancing couples.

Keefe wrapped an arm around her waist and Sophie placed her hand on his shoulder.

They somehow managed to dance well, but about three minutes in, Keefe whispered, "Do you just wanna go outside? Because to be honest, I can't really dance."

Sophie giggled and nodded. The two then managed to sneak outside to the backyard and ran into the garden. There was a stone circle with a wooden frame and a porch swing hanging from the middle of the frame. There were rose bushes lining the circle, creating a sort of romantic vibe.

Keefe sat down and patted the spot next to him. Sophie smiled at him as she managed to sit down in the pouffy dress.

Keefe laughed as she finally managed to sit down.

"You try to sit on a swinging chair in a pouffy dress," she said, laughing along with him.

"Y'know? I've been having a wonderful time tonight," he whispered.

"Yeah, me too."

Keefe then cupped her face and she softly pressed her lips to his. His hand moved to her waist and her hand moved to his face.

She let go and took her hand back.

"Merry Christmas, Keefe."

"Merry Christmas, Sophie."