face masks

Author's note: They're at Shores of Solace  :)

"Please Foster? Just one face mask?" Keefe asked.

"No Keefe. I have better things to do than sit around and do face masks," the blonde replied, turning her head so she couldn't see Keefe's puppy dog eyes.

But she could still feel them burning into the side of her head. So she looked at him and rolled her eyes.

"Fine."

Keefe giggled and clapped his hands. He jumped up and ran to his bathroom. He came back in ten seconds later with a tube and sat across from Sophie on his bed.

He squeezed some onto his hand and handed the bottle to Sophie. She gave him an are-you-serious look before squirting some into her hand.

"On three," the empath said.

"One."

"Two."

"Three!"

The two started scrubbing the scrub on their faces and less than a minute later, their faces were covered.

"What is this supposed to do anyway? Aren't elves supposed to be perfect?" Sophie asked, taking off her cloak and boots, figuring she would be at the beach paradise for awhile. Her boots and cloak fell next to Keefe's on the floor and he smiled.

"It's just a little something I picked up from slurps and burps. It's to make the skin glow because why not," he said, doing a hair flip. But since his hair wasn't long, it just looked like he flopped his head.

Sophie laughed so hard that she snorted, and then Keefe started laughing at her snort.

"Okay, we shouldn't laugh so hard because we could mess it up," Keefe said, taking a few deep breaths. Sophie copied him and eventually they calmed down.

"Okay, so we have to wait for about thirty minutes, so, wanna talk? Because with everything that's happened with the Neverseen, we haven't been able to catch up," Sophie asked.

The two were sitting criss-cross on Keefe's huge and comfortable bed, right across from each other, so they could easily see their faces. And Sophie noticed that Keefe's eyes quickly flickered to his hands, which were in his lap and fidgeting with each other, before looking back at her.

"Yeah, yeah of course," he said.

"Hey, are you okay?" she asked though, scooting closer to him.

"I'm fine, just thinking about something."

Sophie nodded but knew it wasn't something, it was something. She'd have to ask him about it later.

"Anyways, what's been up with you?" she asked, taking her gloved hands into his. He smiled down at their hands before looking back up at her.

And then the two just talked for thirty minutes, laughing and having fun. But because it's them, their conversation became deep.

"Is everything okay? Like here at home?" Sophie whispered, rubbing her thumb over his hand.

"Yeah, but my dad's always doing something, and it would feel nice for him to give some sort of love."

"But you have our friends. They love you. You have done some things that are.........questionable, but we forgive you."

"Do you love me, Foster?"

"Of course I love you, Keefe, I'm just trying to decide how," she said, mumbling the last part.

"Hmm?" Keefe asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just know that you are one of the most important people in the world to me and I don't ever want to lose you."

Tears started welling up in Keefe's eyes and he gave her a soft smile.

"Me too, Foster. Me too."

Sophie closed the space between them and hugged him around the neck.

Keefe wrapped his arms around her neck and was about to nuzzle his face into her neck, but remembered he had a face mask on.

So he let go and took Sophie's hand. "Let's go get these things off."

Sophie nodded and they walked into his bathroom. They both grabbed a washcloth and dunked it in water. They washed off the mask and patted their faces dry.

When they were about to leave, Sophie noticed something.

"Hold on, get back here," she said, grabbing Keefe's hand and pulling him into the bathroom again.

"What is it, Foster?" he asked.

"A little bit of water got into your hair and it's messed up a bit," she said, squirting a bit of blue hair gel into her hand and styling the tips of his hair.

Keefe laughed as she styled it and shouted 'Yes!' when she finished.

"Okay, my turn," he said, sitting her on the toilet so she was facing the wall.

"What?" she asked.

"I used to do my mom's hair sometimes, let's see if I can still do something."

Sophie nodded and let him do his work. There were a few times were Sophie was thinking, 'what the hell is he doing?' but didn't want to ask because she needed to trust him.

And after about ten minutes, he set down the brush and hair ties, stepping back so Sophie could go look in the mirror. And when she saw herself, she gasped, turned around, and threw her arms around his neck.

The boy had given her a half up half down look, a braid crown on the top half and lose curls on the bottom.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"I mean, it's nothing," he replied, laughing and wrapping his arms around her waist.

"I've just never felt so.....beautiful," she said, leaning back into his arms.

"Don't say that you look beautiful every day."

"Really?" Sophie asked, looking into his sharp but soft blue eyes.

"Really."

Sophie smiled and leaned forward, pressing her lips to his. He was a bit surprised, but accepted it and cupped her face.

"You're the best," Sophie said, once she pulled away.

"You're better."

Sophie giggled and hugged him again. "You're the bestest."

"Sophie, I don't think that's even a word."

"It is when describing you."

Keefe squeezed her and then let go. "Wanna go get some E.L.Fudges? I managed to hide them from Ro."

Sophie nodded and they rushed back into his room, grabbed the cookies from a box hidden in his closet, and sat on his bed. The two ate the cookies and talked, having a wonderful time together and glad they had each other in their lives.