coma

THIS HAS LEGACY SPOILERS
DO NOT READ AHEAD
LEGACY
SPOILERS
I REPEAT
DO NOT READ AHEAD IF U HAVENT READ LEGACY
IF U HAVE READ LEGACY
enjoy :)

It had been two months since the incident at Loamnore. Keefe was still asleep in his coma, and Sophie had not left his side. Yes, she sometimes went home to check up in family and friends, but her friends mostly came to her.

Today was a chill Saturday, and Sophie has spent the night again. She woke up an hour after the sun rose to get some food in her system. She then stretched a bit and changed into clean clothes before she picked up a book.

She sat back on her cot, which was next to Keefe's, and started reading. It was a book about an elf who traveled to the Forbidden Cities for an adventure, and it made Sophie feel a bit homesick.

She sighed and continued to read when all of a sudden, she felt Keefe's hand move to her leg.

Sophie looked down at his hand and then at his face. His eyebrows were scrunched together and softly groaned, "Sophie."

"Keefe?" she asked, placing her bookmark in her book before throwing it on the ground.

She grabbed his cold hand and his eyes slowly opened.

"Sophie," he groaned again.

"Keefe, are-are you okay?" she asked.

"Get.....Elwin."

"Okay, okay. ELWIN! HE'S AWAKE!" she yelled, still not letting go of his hand.

With her free hand, she stroked his face and smiled a bit. She squeezed their closed hands and Keefe managed to give her a small smile.

Elwin rushed in and started checking on him. He flashed a bunch of colorful lights in his face while he kept groaning.

Sophie kept squeezing his hand to give him reassurance as Elwin kept flashing things at him.

It eventually stopped and Elwin ran back into his office to get something. Keefe looked up at the Telepath and gave a pained smile.

"Are you okay?" Sophie asked.

"My stomach and head hurt. But that's pretty much it," he replied, his voice growing a bit stronger.

"Where in your head?"

He pointed to his forehead and Sophie nodded.

"Now, your stomach."

He patted the middle of his stomach and Sophie nodded again.

"Thank you for staying, Foster," he said, looking right into her eyes.

"Of course," she replied.

"I FOUND IT!" Elwin yelled from the next room.

He came running in and Sophie helped him sit up. Elwin handed him two vials and he downed them in one gulp each.

He wiped his mouth and gave Sophie a smile. Thankfully, there were a lot of those going around.

"Alright, so you have to wait about five minutes before getting on your feet, so maybe you guys should catch up on the last two months," Elwin said, walking back to his office.

Keefe turned to Sophie and his eyes were wide open. "Tw-two months?" he asked.

Sophie looked down and took her hand back. She started twidling her thumbs and she slightly nodded.