Chapter 5 (Will)

I continued to wait with the guy who thought he knew everything about Charlotte over the course of a few days.  I knew Charlotte for over a year now.  I didn't even know how I was handling my anger right now.  If Ashton would have just left like he was supposed to, none of this would have happened and Charlotte would be safe.  I put my head down in my hands due to exhaustion for the moment, until I heard a nurse call out.

"Could I have the party for Charlotte Greene to come to the front desk," the nurse said standing by the receptionist.  Ashton and I quickly jumped out of our seats.

"How is she, is she okay, is she awake," I said spewing out the words.

"She is still unconscious.  I'm afraid that she is in very critical condtion and has some broken ribs and some head trauma.  We will do everything we can," the nurse said putting her hand on my shoulder when I rubbed my eyes to stop the tears from forming.

"Thank you," I heard Ashton say, as I felt his hand also land on my shoulder.  I shook it off, turned around, and walked towards the window of the waiting room.  I pounded the wall with my fist, but tried to stiffle my sobs so I wouldn't attract attention.  I haven't let myself cry in a really long time.