Chapter 10 (Ashton)

I received a skype call from the lads this morning.  I sat in the cafeteria, having breakfast and my second cup of coffee.  Will continued to wait in the waiting area for Charlotte's parents to arrive.  That was one thing I wasn't looking forward to, considering they obviously had a better relationship with Will than me, a guy that their daughter just met a few days ago.  Oh, and took her virginity.  But I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

"Hey man, how are things over there," Michael asked.  They were all gathered around the laptop that was sitting on the hotel desk, with Luke sitting in the office chair.

"No news yet, other than Charlotte is in critical condition, with some broken ribs and some trauma," I said exhaling, trying to calm my nerves.

"I'm sorry man, I hope she'll be okay.  You'll be glad to hear that the boys decided to let us back out of the tour until you return," Michael said.

"That's good," I said with relief.  I knew the One Direction boys would be understanding of the situation.

"So I guess for now, we'll just be chilling until you get back and you know for sure Charlotte is okay," said Calum.

"Even if it's not for a while," I asked.  There was silence.

"Charlotte is strong, I know she'll be out of the hospital in no time," Michael said with hesitation.

"Michael, she got hit by a car and is in critical condition.  I want to stay positive but I can only hope for the best and expect the worse," I said rubbing the tiredness from my eyes.

"But you will have to come back to tour soon," Luke finally said.  "We need you."

"But I can't just leave her," I said getting a little frustrated.

"If she's not well by the time that you must come back to tour, I'm sure Will and her parents will keep you updated," Luke said.

"That's the last thing I want," I said a little too loudly drawing attention from the cafeteria ladies and other people eating their breakfast.

"What the fuck are you talking about," Calum said.

"Will can't have Charlotte," I said, putting my head down in frustration.

"What do you mean Will can't have Charlotte," Luke said.

"Will loves Charlotte, but so do I.  Don't you see?  I can't have her wake up and me not being there."