Chapter 28 (Ashton)

I walked through the streets of Rome with my hood up to prevent any fans who were lurking around looking for us.  Our first concert in Italy was tonight, but because of the interview we had streaming for MTV yesterday, we all arrived a day early.  Niall and I decided to walk around, shop and do a bit of sight-seeing before the concert.  The rest of my band wanted to stay in the hotel, while Liam, Louis, and Zayn were with their girlfriends/fiance, and Harry was off doing god knows what.  Niall wanted to get out of the hotel.  The boy was always bored to death.  I decided to go with him and try to get things off my mind.  As much as it was a relief to get that song Amnesia out in the open, it also opened the wounds slightly.

"What are you thinking about?" Niall asked, taking a sip from his Starbucks cup.

"Nothing- Well, you know, same old," I said, putting my hands in my pockets.

"I see," he said, arriving at some cool-looking shop with leather jackets in the window.  Paul opened the door for us.  "I listened to the song from the interview yesterday.  It was really good."

"Thanks, it's about you know who," I said heading to one of the racks with jeans.

"Yeah, I know.  She was a cool girl," he said following me.

"How do I get her off my mind?" I asked, meeting his eyes.

"I don't think that's what you should be worried about," he said, hanging a pair of jeans back on the rack.  "I've seen the way you act around this girl.  It's different from the others.  She's different from the others."

"That doesn't tell me what I should do," I said shaking my head.

"What I'm saying is that you shouldn't forget about her," he said while trying on a leather jacket.  "Rekindle, reintroduce yourself."

"There's just one problem," I said.  Niall looked at me with wide eyes.  "Her flatmate is a total asshole and won't let it happen.  And the girl doesn't even remember what it was like to be with me."