Chapter 11 (Will)

I received texts from Charlotte's mother saying that they arrived at their hotel, checked in, and were now on their way here.  I saw Ashton walk in from the other set of doors that led to the cafeteria.

"You should go eat breakfast," Ashton said, returning to his chair.

"No, Charlotte's parents should be here any minute," I said looking out the window, waiting for their taxi to pull up in the front loop.

"Can't wait to meet them," he said, folding his hands and placing them on his knees.

"They're nice people.  I've become close with them.  I'm like the son they never had," I said.  A taxi drove into the loop.  My heart pounded as I waited to see who would be getting out.  I saw a short woman with dark brown hair get out of the taxi and hand money to the driver.  It was Liz.  Her husband, Jay, followed her out of the taxi.  I ran to the doors and greeted them.

"Will! Oh my god," Liz said as she hugged me, her tears wetting my shirt.  "How is our daughter?"

"Still no news I'm afraid.  Jay, how are you," I asked, giving Charlotte's father a firm handshake.

"I'll be okay when I know that my daughter is okay," he said, making his way to the reception desk.  We followed him.

"Please, miss, I need to know news about my daughter, Charlotte Greene," he said, leaning over the desk.

"Is her mother present as well," asked the woman.

"Yes, that is me," Liz said, wrapping her arms around Jay, getting ready to hear the news.

"The only news I have right now is that she is still unconcious; therefore, she in a comatose state, being unconscious for more than 6 hours.  She has some broken ribs and some head trauma, and has been moved to the ICU," she said.  Liz put her hand over her heart and started to break down again.  I wrapped my arm around Liz to help Jay support her.

"Please know that we are doing all we can Mr. and Mrs. Greene.  We will definitely know if any other news comes up," she said in a caring tone.

"Thank you," I said, directing Charlotte's parents to some chairs in the waiting room.  I directed them over to the chairs close to the window, where Ashton was still waiting.

"Hey, wait a minute, I know you," Liz said, pointing at Ashton.  "You're Ashton, from 5 Seconds of Summer!  If only my daughter was here, she loves you and your band," she said, wiping away her tears with a tissue from her purse.

"Uh, Mrs. Greene, I do know you're daughter," Ashton said nervously.  Charlotte's parents looked at each other in confusion.

"Liz, Jay, Ashton and Charlotte met each other a few days ago," I said.