Chapter 23 (Will)

*3 days later*

Today was the day that Charlotte could finally go home.  The doctor said that she just needed some rest and needed to learn her usually routine.  As far as a memory went, she remembers me, our flat, her boss, her friends at work, but nothing extraordinary like meeting the 1D boys or the members of 5SOS.  She doesn't remember the day of delivering the clothes for their photo shoot.  She doesn't remember becoming close with that asshole, Ashton Irwin.  She doesn't remember the lust she had for him.  And thank goodness she doesn't remember that fight I had with him.  Although I wished she remembered me telling her my true feelings, I was just glad that we could go home and some things would be going back to normal.  Like this whole shit show never happened.

"You ready to go, love?" I asked Charlotte, who had her arm linked with mine.  We were in the waiting room, signing her out of the hospital.  Her parents were walking right next to her.

"I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with leaving you alone now," her mother said, linking with her other arm.

"I'll be fine mother, Will takes care of me," she said turning towards her.

"The last time you said that you were lying face down in the middle of the road," her father stated flatly.

"Mistakes happen, dad," she said reassuringly.  "I promise, for real, I'll be fine this time."

"So we can go back home knowing that you are okay?" her mother asked, turning her around to face her.

"Yes, mother, I'll be fine," she said hugging her.  We walked outside towards the cab that would take her parents to their hotel to pick up their luggage and drive to the airport.

"Have a safe trip home," she said hugging each of her parents before they got in the cab.

"You too, dear," her mother said getting into the cab first.

"Call us if you need anything Lottie," her father said, giving her a final hug before following his wife in the cab.

"I will," she said when she closed the cab door.  The window opened as the cab roared to life.

"Thanks for everything, Will," her father said, waving his hand out the window.

"No problem," I said.  "Have a safe trip!"  We both waved goodbye until their cab was on the highway and out of sight.

"So," I said, grabbing her hand.  "Ready to see our home again?"