Chapter 25 (Ashton)

I zipped up my jeans and put on my shirt.  Today was the first day I was going back on stage for the tour before the incident.  It seemed like all the fans knew why I was gone.  And at the same time they totally got the story wrong. How they got hold of their information, I'll never know.  I haven't been back on social media to see the ridiculous rumors spread.  Charlotte is pregnant!  Charlotte broke her ankle!  Charlotte and Ashton had a nasty dispute!  Charlotte this, Charlotte that.  It seemed like only a hand few knew the real truth.  The rest of my bandmates kept me updated of how the fans felt.  Some were sympathetic of the situation and some were furious that I was leaving them behind for someone I had feelings for.  But I wasn't leaving them behind.  No matter how possessive or obsessed the fans were, they were our fans and I loved them.

"We need to post a new video before we go on stage!  Ashton!  You're always good at this, get over here!" Michael said yelling from the couch.  He was lying on the couch playing with his phone while Luke and Calum were riding bikes around the dressing room.  Boobs.  My bandmates were boobs.  I was sitting in one of the chairs, scrolling through the conversation between Charlotte and I on my phone.  I smiled down at the screen.  

"Ashton," Michael whined.  "And you two, get over here!"

"Nah man, just film us goofing around," Calum said riding his bike in circles around the couch, now without his shirt.

"Okay I'm coming!" I said exiting out of Messenger and opening up the Instagram app.  I walked over to the couch and sat beside Michael.  "Okay you guys, I'm going to start recording!"  I said, tapping on the screen.

"Hey guys! We're in Dublin and look who is back!" Michael said motioning towards me.

"Hey guys!  Sorry I haven't been on in a while!  But while I was gone, I did write a new song for you guys and it'll be released really soon," I said with a thumbs up.  I then focused the phone towards the Calum and Luke who were now off their bikes and blowing hair dryers on each other.  "You boobs!" I yelled before the video ended.

"A new song?" Michael questioned.

"Yeah, I actually just wrote it on the plane ride here."