Chapter 27 (Charlotte)

"We're good thanks, how are you?" Luke said with his microphone.

 "I'm great thank you, how is touring with One Direction for the second time been so far?" the woman asked, crossing her legs.

 "It's been great, we're so close to them.  They are literally like our second brothers on the road and we are so thankful that they have given us this opportunity," Ashton said.  I have been thinking a lot about him lately.  The episode just plays in my head over and over.  The security dragging him out of my ICU room at the hospital.  The expression he had on his face when I laid there frozen in my own thoughts and not stopping them.  Sometimes I'd just think about it at times and block everything else.  I've been caught at work a few times staring into space.  I still couldn't remember anything happening between me and him.  Maybe we could have rekindled it.  Maybe I should have stopped him from leaving.  But maybe it was better this way.  I knew that I didn't belong with him.  As much as I dreamed about being with him, he was unattainable.  He has probably been with other girls in-between the time he left the hospital and now.  We didn't belong together.

"You okay Charlotte," Will asked, looking down at me.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I said, sitting up.

"I hear that you wrote a new song?" the interviewer asked in Michael's direction.

"Yes, actually Ashton wrote this one.  This is all Ashton," Michael said pointing to Ashton who was sitting all the way at the end to his right.

"Really? So what was your inspiration?" the interviewer asked, uncrossing her legs and leaning in closer with interest.  Her top seemed to show her cleavage when she leaned in and Calum was definitely staring.  Those pigs.

"I actually wrote it on the plane a few weeks ago, on my way to Ireland.  The lyrics just came from relationships I have experienced in the past and I think the fans can also relate to it," Ashton said while flipping his hair out of his eyes.  It has grown since I last saw him.

"Is it true that it is about a special someone, someone by the name of Charlotte?" she asked in a sort of whispering tone like it was some big secret.  Luke, Calum, and Michael all looked over at Ashton with worried eyes.  My eyes opened wide.  Will looked over at me.  How did everyone know about this relationship but me?

"It's- It is about a girl," Ashton said looking down.  The interviewer obviously went too far and went onto a lighter subject.

"Well, I can't wait to hear it.  When do we all get to hear it?" she asked, sitting back in her chair.

"Actually, we were going to do an acoustic set of it for everyone right now," Ashton said.

"Really?!  Well how about that!  When we come back you'll hear more from these boys!" she said looking towards the camera.  With that, the show went to commercial.  I got up to make myself an expresso.  I was exhausted from work and I wanted to stay awake to see this.  By the time my expresso was done the show was back.

"And we're back with 5 Seconds of Summer, who said that they have an acoustic set of their new song!" the interviewer said, sitting back in her chair as the camera directed to the boys.

"This song is called Amnesia, and it's dedicated to someone very special, as well as our fans," Ashton said, sitting on top of his cajon.  Michael then started strumming his guitar.  I guess this was a slow song, based on the slow and calm vibe I was getting.

"I drove by all the places we used to hang out getting wasted, I thought about our last kiss, how it felt, the way you tasted.  And even though your friends tell me you're doing fine, are somewhere feeling lonely even though he's right beside you?  When he says those words that hurt you, do you read the ones I wrote you?  Sometimes I start to wonder was it just a lie?  If what we had was real how could you be fine?  'Cause I'm not fine at all!" Calum sang.

"I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the make up running down your face.  And the dreams you left behind, you didn't need them.  Like every single wish we ever made.  I wish I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things.  Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape.  "Cause I'm not fine at all..." Luke sang.

It was a touching song.  I wish it brought back memories of Ashton and I if we were really together.  He was a totally mystery.  My parents couldn't tell me anything about him other than what I have told them as a fan of 5SOS, and every time I asked Will about it, he claimed that he didn't know much other than I liked him a lot and would come home telling about how our dates went.  If only I could remember.