Chapter 21 (Charlotte)

I looked at Ashton Fletcher Irwin, one of the boys who I have always been dying to meet.  And there he was, with his messy curls, ripped jeans, and ripped shirt, looking perfect as ever.  And now Will is telling me that Ashton Fucking Irwin was my friend?  This only happens in dreams and alternative universes.

"Love, Charlotte, do you remember what happened?  How you ended up in the hospital?" Ashton asked me kindly.  I was frozen.  What the fuck was going on?  Why was Ashton talking to me like he knew me personally?

"Charlotte?" Will asked, taking my hand and rubbing it.

"I-no, I don't remember," I said a little terrified.  Why couldn't I remember anything.

"You were hit by a car, last week.  You've been in a coma all this time.  We didn't think that you would make it," I said taking her free hand.

"I see...but that doesn't explain why you are here," I said.

"We're friends, well more than friends I guess I can say," he said rubbing my hand like Will was doing.  I glanced up at Will only to find him staring down at Ashton, who was on his knees, like a murderer ready to strike his next victim.  What was with that expression on Will's face?

"Sir, I think it's best if you leave, we don't want to overwhelm her," the nurse who tried to kick him out of the room stated.

"Wait, I think she'll remember I just have to jog her memory with the times we spent together," I said looking back at the nurse.

"I don't think that will help at this stage lad.  I believe I will have to do some tests, she might be experiencing some amnesia and I think it is best for her to be only around people that she remembers for now," the doctor said.

"No, I think I can really-" Ashton started to say, just as he was being escorted out by several nurses.

"Sir, you must leave," the nurse said, struggling to get him out of the room.  "Security!"

"Wait! No please! I know her! She knows me!" Ashton yelled as security came to take him away from the nurses.  I then saw the rest of the members of 5 Seconds of Summer follow him into the elevator. I would have had the will to stop him, but I was stuck in place, in the hospital bed.  If Ashton and I had a relationship that was more than a friendship like he said we had, why couldn't I remember?