𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊 - resurrected

THREE — RESURRECTED

EVERYTHING WAS COLD. my eyes bolted open and i had cold sweat along my arms and stomach, which i soon realized was bare. the only thing i had on was a black bra and a cloth over my.. stuff.

my heart slammed against my chest, i felt like i was going to faint even though i had just woken up, what is this feeling?

all i heard was a girl whispering.
"i'm so sorry, billie. none of this would've happened if we'd stay together." the girl whispered between sobs. i don't know why, but i was drawn to the voice.

then a door opened and i couldn't hear the girl anymore.

i sat up and there was a man right in front of me, he was yelling. i couldn't tell what he was saying, but there was only one thought in my mind; kill.

i began slammimg my head against the guy until he fell, but the girl stood up from the corner and began yelling  "stop!" the man dropped to the ground, dead. she walked over to me.

she looked familiar, long brown hair and brown eyes. i ran my finger through her hair and looked into her eyes. she quickly stood me up, i tripped over my own feet.

she put her arm under mine for support and carried me to a car, than seated me in the passengers.

she sat down in the drivers seat and started driving, i groaned in confusion. my body shook around, still getting used to being alive.

"billie!" she yelled, ordering me to stay still.

"i know you know somethings wrong, maybe this is too hard for anyone to hear, but billie, you died."

"can you remember that? you know, you went to the bus to get those boys that hurt madison. but there was a accident. but it wasn't your fault, we tried to put you together the best we could." she comforted me.

i groaned more and threw my body around.

"stop it! maybe it would've been better if we kept you dead.." she said.

"but i couldn't forgive myself if i didn't try." she said.

a lady in a peculiar outfit leaned forward from the back seats, "i can forgive you." she said.

zoe jumped in shock and the lady rolled her eyes. "even though you drew me all the way out here. turn around. make a right."

𖤐

"do you think that's going to work?" asked zoe.

they were covering my stitch marks in mud that smelled terrible. i scrunched my nose as the curly haired blonde applied more to the stitches on my arms and legs.

"i know it will. this stuff is the shit; literally. louisiana mud is full of spanish moss and alligator dung which has amazing healing properties, mother nature has an answer for everything. healed me when i was burned alive."

"your misty day! the witch cordelia told us about." zoe exited.

"mom?" i groaned.

"yeah, thats your mom billie. do you remember that?" zoe asked.

i groaned more in responce. my voice box was truly failing me.

"everyone thinks your dead. but of course your not, you have the power of resurgence." zoe said, a small smile on her face. i observed as the corners of her mouth curved upwards.

"the power of resurgence. i like the sound of that." misty smiled, "i always knew there were others like me, but I had no idea how to find you."

"-and then today, my heart started racing and my teeth started vibrating; someone was calling me. no idea who but i knew i had to follow, and it was you zoe."

zoe and misty listened to a stevie nicks song, as i sat drowning in overwhelming feelings.

"i should get going." zoe said.

"going? what do you mean?" asked misty.

"my school is probably wondering where i am. i just don't know if she's ready to go yet." she said and motioned to me.

i held zoe's hand in mine and cried into it.

"she can stay with me until the healing is complete, and then she can see her mother." misty smiled.

"you'll come back right?" she asked.

"of course." zoe promised.