xix | queenie and madison

CHAPTER NINETEEN

"GIN." QUEENIE SAID, AS SHE PUT DOWN A CARD. james patrick march glared at her as he threw his deck of cards onto the table. 

"this is the fiftysix thousand, four-hundred thirty third hand i've won in a row." she bragged. 

"only amateurs keep score." james said, a small smirk on his lips.

their heads turned to the man who walked through the door, "what a fascinating specimen." james observed, "alive, yet so intimate with the dead."

"who the hell are you?" queenie asked.

"my name is michael langdon," he stepped closer, "and i'm here to do for you what your supreme couldn't."

he held out his pale hand to the witch and she snickered, "yeah right."

"take his hand, queenie." patrick said, a face of worry trailed his face that queenie had never seen before.

"and what if i don't want to?" she asked.

"i'm not sure you have a choice."

queenie left out a short breath as she took michael's hand and they made their way towards the exit of hotel cortez, she was sure that she would go back to james like always.

james frowned at the cards queenie left behind and took them in his hands, "solitaire it is."

queenie looked at michael in worry as they stood in front of the exit, her heart was filled with hope. she didn't want to play cards with james, what she wanted was to go back to the coven where she belonged.

"come on." michael said.

she sighed and stepped through the exit, but to her surprise, she was free. 

"there's one more person left to get." michael smirked, "lets go."

"the policy clearly states that i can return this for any reason for a full refund!" a lady in a pink sweater snapped as she put her rusted pot onto madison montgomery's check out.

"it's used." the blonde rolled her eyes.

"for any reason!" she bitched, "this thing cooks for shit, look for yourself!" 

madison opened it and inside were worms, "ew!" she exclaimed and threw it to the floor.

"great, now its broked." she said, "i want to talk to your manager!"

"no, no, no! please don't call my manager!" madison begged.

"manager, i need a manager over here!" she yelled.

"hey? don't i know you?" another lady in line pointed to madison, "you're an actress."

"i sing a little too," madison explained, "i was working on a album for celine dion deep cuts, but i'm really known for my acting."

"lindsay lohan!" a man smiled.

"no, i'm madison montgomery!" she snapped.

"do you have a twin sister?" she asked.

"no, but i have a fucking name tag!" she pointed to her name tag.

"but there were two of you in the parent trap."

"okay, listen up, idiot. i was the star of multiple tv movies, and i was up for a very substantial role in a mike meyers film, so yeah." madison rolled her eyes.

"then why you working here?" she asked.

"yeah, that's not lindsay lohan."

"yeah, she's a nobody."

"who are you?" madison snapped, "you're not even the star of your own hell. your a nameless day player in the star of my eternal suffering."

madison winced in pain as her manager put something up against her side that burned, "go refold the towels in isle fourteen."

"no, i just did that!" madison whined.

"go!" he snapped in a distorted voice, he sounded like a demon. the people in line laughed as madison bolted to isle fourteen.

madison kneeled on the floor as she folded towels. the sound of walking made their way over to her.

"hello, madison." michael said, madison stood up.

"you don't belong here, you're not like the others." madison observed.

"you can tell? interesting." michael said, "i would think most souls don't have awareness in their personal hell. the confusion would only add to the suffering."

"well, i've always had the curse of being right and knowing more than everybody else, so i guess me knowing i'm in hell is ironic or something. who are you?"

"i'm the man who's gonna get you out of here." he said.

"yeah right." a small laugh escaped her lips as she bent over to pick up a towel. michael put his shoe on it, stopping her.

"what's the catch?" she asked, "do i have to blow you or something?"

"no." he replied, a small chuckle escaped his lips.

"oh, well when we get out of here can i anyway? you're a snack and i haven't had a good dicking in forever, any dicking really. they intentionally make sure all the massagers are out of stock."

"damn, a hoe even in the after life." 

madison gasped and dropped the maroon towel in her hand, she speed walked towards queenie and wrapped her arms around her.

"get off me, bitch." queenie scoffed, shaking her off.

"is it really you? how did you get here?" madison asked.

"okay, so i was stuck in a haunted hotel with the most boring white person, and then this dude came and he freed me and brought me here to get you." queenie explained.

"why?" madison asked.

"honestly, i don't know. i was trying to talk him out of it the whole way here." madison rolled her eyes and left out a small laugh.

"we have work to do, i need you both." michael said, interrupting their moment.

"for our powers?" madison asked.

"no," he chuckled, "to prove a point."

"i promise to be so good if i get another chance." madison promised.

"now, why would you want to do that?"