𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙 - fiona goode

EIGHT — FIONA GOODE

I SAT ON THE FLOOR AS I worked on my coloring book that zoe bought me, i heard loud footsteps walking towards my room.

"what is it, gal?" a feminine voice spoke behind the door, i also heard scratching.

"what's in there?" the voice said, and the door opened.

a lady with short blonde hair walked in, along with a  dog, the dog walked towards me and i stopped my coloring to inspect it.

"ah, there you are, billie." she said.

"dog." i grinned as i pet it, it licked my face.

"so i heard you were resurrected." she said, not really expecting a valid response.

as i was petting the dog, it fell to the ground. i looked at it confused.

the lady looked at me in shock and walked towards me, "jesus, billie!"

i looked down at the dog, "no!" i whined.

"it's okay, billie. a resurrecting spell can effect you in these ways." she said, and placed her hand on my shoulder.

i put my hands on the dog's chest and pushed. "what are you doing now?" she asked, annoyed.

after a few more pushes, the dog opened its eyes and stood up.

"well look at that." the lady smiled, "you have resurgence."

i grinned as the dog licked my face.

"oh, billie. please don't tell me that you've forgotten who i am." she said sadly.

i looked at her closely, she looked a bit like my mother. blonde hair, brown eyes. wait..

"nana." i smiled.

she nodded and smiled, helping me stand up.

"i've helped someone brought back from the dead learn english before." she explained as we walked down the hall together. "i see you've already learned some, but i think i can help."

we sat at a table together and she pulled out a deck of cards.

she explained the card game to me and after a few minutes, our full attention was on the card game.

"so, heard you've been developing something with that girl madison." nana said.

i shrugged. she must've noticed my dismiss to her accusation because then she said;

"you know you don't have to do anything you don't want to do, right?" she asked.

"i kind of feel like i owe it to her." i muttered.

"you don't." she corrected, "you don't owe anyone anything."

i gave her a small smile.

"my turn." i said as i handed over a card, "gin."

"shit!" she cursed.

"would you like to play another hand?" i asked.

"yeah, you just keep dealing til' i earn my money back." she said.

"billie?" a familiar voice spoke.

i looked up and zoe, madison, and a short brunette had walked in.

i gave zoe a small smile and she smiled back.

"what did you do to her?" madison asked, eyeing me up and down.

"well, since none of you girls can play cards worth a damn, i took the liberty of sprucing her up." nana explained.

"you mean you fixed her?" zoe asked.

"well i wouldn't go that far, she's still not all the way there but she's ok." she chuckled in response.

"deal!" nana exclaimed, and put down a card.

bog? (billie & dog)