xiiii | the seven wonders

CHAPTER FOURTEEN.

"THE SEVEN WONDERS; usually we move from easiest to hardest. but since we're breaking tradition this year, let's begin with my personal favorite; telekenisis." myrtle said.

there were five candles placed on the table for all five of us, all being lit by the magic of my mother.

"what if i can't do it?" misty day asked.

"then you're not the supreme." mom replied bluntly.

"and you can go back to your swamp." madison mocked.

"misty you're first." myrtle said to the nervous girl.

misty stared at the candle stick and let her arms lay free by her sides, she concentrated on her breath but the candle stayed in it's spot.

"intention." my mother encouraged. misty placed her hands on the table in concentration before the candle made its way towards her.

"i did it, i did it!" she chuckled as she blew out her candle.

"almost sounds like you want it." madison rolled her eyes.

"it's not about want," mom corrected.

"queenie." myrtle said.

queenie looked at the candle for a moment and it went to her quickly. "yup," she said and blew it out.

"madison, obviously this is your bailiwick." myrtle said.

"whatever that means." madison rolled her eyes and sent the candle to herself swiftly and blew it out.

"zoe." myrtle said.

the brunette glanced at me before looking at the candle, it went to her and she blew it out. i gave her a small smile.

"now, billie." myrtle said.

i concentrated on the candle.

come on, i know i can do this.

it went to me with ease and i blew it out.

"concilium; commonly known to the public as mind control. it's a tricky little craft but when properly exercised it can bend the strongest of wills to your desire." myrtle explained.

misty and queenie were first. "stare all you want, flower child. nobody controls my mind but me." queenie glared at her before slapping herself repeatedly.

"this is fun." misty smirked.

"next." myrtle stopped the blonde.

misty started pulling on her curly locks as queenie smirked at her.

zoe, madison, and i were next. i could tell that madison was planning something bitter.

madison was staring at me, anger in her eyes. before i could say anything, i felt my legs moving.

i walked towards madison and put my lips against hers, i pulled back with everything i had but as myrtle had explained, concilium was to bend desire.

"well look at that, madison can't get a girl to like her so she uses force." i heard queenie chuckle from across the room.

"madison, stop it!" zoe said, seeing my uncomfort.

i was finally allowed to pull away and my body was once again mine to control, i walked back to my spot and glared at the blonde, "my turn."

i concentrated on her amused face before she opened her mouth and started talking.

"i'm a pain in the ass." she choked out.

she looked at me in shock as i heard my mom giggle silently from the couch.

"you can say that again." queenie chuckled.

"the descent into the nether world will be your next test. getting to hell will be simple with girls of your talents, it's the getting back that's the challenge. if your soul isn't returned to your body by sun up, you'll die."

the girls and i were all layd together, i was next to misty and zoe.

zoe looked at me nervously and i held her hand, reassuring her.

i made circles on the back of her hand with my thumb and she gave me a small smile and nodded.

"i love you, zoe." i whispered.

"i love you too." she whispered.

our gazes pull away from each other and we stared at the ceiling.

maybe i should be scared, or at least nervous. descensum was a power i've only breifly studied.  but my body was calm. that was the zoe benson affect. no matter where i was, if zoe was there it would feel like home.

"girls, you may begin," myrtle said, turning over her timer.

we all closed our eyes and said the latin spell, it was complicated but i followed along. i knew i had to concentrate on the spell but i was mostly listening to zoe's voice.

"descensum!"