xx | male supreme

CHAPTER TWENTY

MADISON MONTGOMERY BLEW INTO HER CIGARETTE and grey smoke came out of the end as her, queenie, and michael walked towards hawthorne's school. 

cordelia, zoe, and myrtle stepped out of the school and stood in their tracks when they saw the witches they thought they'd never see again. queenie lifted her hand and gave them a small wave.

cordelia foxx, the supreme, collapsed to the ground, catching everyone off guard.

"it's alright dear, you're with us." myrtle snow whispered as cordelia's brown eyes opened. she looked around the room, she was back inside harthornes.

"what happened?" she asked.

"you lost consciousness." zoe said.

"and you had a lot to say about it, too." myrtle added.

"i was talking?" cordelia asked, sitting up.

"and screaming a lot too. but before that you were calling out names, me, zoe, queenie- even billie."  myrtle said.

"you left me out, though," madison said, stepping through the doorway, "not that i'm surprised, did you guys even know i was dead?"

"we knew." zoe replied. the blonde looked at her with a sad and shocked mixed facial expression.

"you are back, i didn't imagine it!" cordelia smiled.

"well, i might be imagining all of you. i'm not one-hundred percent sure all of this is real." queenie said.

"oh, i can't believe it!" cordelia stood up and wrapped her arms around the two witches.

"maybe you forgot i'm not much of a hugger." madison said.

"tough shit!" cordelia grinned, "you're alive."

"not if you keep squeezing my neck like this." madison said and broke the group hug.

cordelia placed her hand on queenie's cheek and gave it a light squeeze, she smiled from ear to ear. cordelia turned around to face myrtle and zoe.

"i want to see him, the boy."

"are you alright?" ariel asked, "we were all so worried."

"maybe a sudden shock." myrtle said.

"i wasn't prepared for that, for seeing my girls. but i'm okay now. that's what's important." cordelia explained, "i want to thank you for bringing them back."

"i wanted to get your attention." michael said.

"i suspect you've got that now." one of the warlocks said.

"he certainly does, and now i'd like everyone else's attention. i've been presented something, a vision. i believe i saw the future; a terrifying future. cataclysm. fire, death. i saw a man, but not a man. a white face, demonic. he was laughing," she turned her head to myrtle, "our academy, i saw it reduced to cinders."

"a warning." one of the warlocks guessed.

"maybe, but something in my blood is telling me that the only hope we have of surviving depends on what i do next," cordelia stepped closer to the warlocks, "in two weeks time, at the rise of the blood moon, you will take the test of the seven wonders. that is; if you still want to."

michael stepped closer to the supreme, "i do."

"cordelia, this isn't done!" myrtle snapped.

"that is my decision, and nothing in the world will change my mind. no male has never made the attempt and if you succeed, you will be the next supreme. and it will change everything."