xxiv | alive

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
ALIVE

TATE LANGDON AND BEN HARMON stood besides billie as she slowly opened her eyes.

"who the fuck are you?" tate demanded.

"where's zoe?" she asked, still half asleep.

"we don't know who that is. now, who are you?" ben asked with an expression of annoyance.

"i'm billie. where am i?" she asked.

"you're in the murder house." tate said.

"i need to go home, can someone help me?" she asked.

"no can do. all of us are dead." tate said.

"holy shit, you're tate langdon. you shot up a school." she said, almost laughing at her realization.

tate rolled his eyes and walked out of the room.

"i need to go home, can anyone drive me?"

"look, billie, i don't know how to help you." ben snapped and left with tate.

a older woman speed walked into the room with a glass of water in her hand.

"i'm sorry, the men here get so angsty and ridiculous. i'm constance langdon." she said, handing billie the glass of water.

"hi, i'm billie." she said with a small smile, taking a sip of the water.

"how did you get here?" asked constance.

"i don't know." she replied, "but i really need someone to help me home."

"nonsense, you can stay. i need something to raise." constance said.

"that's sweet, constance, but my family is home." billie said quietly.

all of billie's memories that she lost during the resurrection were back, including the ones that she had been trying to push away for years.

"i suppose billie dean howard could drive you." she said.

"whos that?" billie asked.

"me." replied a blonde haired woman, "i'm happy to help you."

michael stood from his seat and locked eyes with cordelia, she stumbled back a little and put her index and middle finger to her nose.

"cordelia!" myrtle cried, cordelia pulled her fingers away and revealed that crimson red blood had come out of her nostrils.

"oh my god," cordelia said, stumbling back.

"what's happening?" queenie asked.

"what always happens when a new supreme rises." ariel explained.

"the old one fades away." behold continued.

"we demand what's ours." ariel said sternly.

"you are a pathetic, pompous, ass!" misty day snapped.

"i did everything you asked," michael said, putting emphasis on everything, "i descended into hell and did what you couldn't; i brought her back."

"but you couldn't muster enough power to bring back billie!" zoe snapped.

michael eyed the upset brunette before continuing, "i passed the seven wonders. unless you want to add another one."

"no, no. there can be no doubt. you are the next supreme." cordelia said before immediatly collapsing to the ground, the girls all rushed to her side.

misty day looked up at michael langdon who had a satanically evil smirk on his face.

"delia, sit up if you can." myrtle requested in a low voice.

misty slowly sat up as she saw that misty day had walked into her room with a cup of tea.

"it's not louisiana mud, but it will have to do." misty said, kneeling beside her.

"what is it?" cordelia asked, raising a eyebrow with a small smile.

"liptons." misty replied.

cordelia chuckled quietly as she took a sip of the drink.

"i knew you for such a short time but i've missed you forever." cordelia said.

"you should've left me where i was." misty said shaking her head.

"what? why?" delia asked.

"that man you sent to fetch me, he gives me the heebie jeebies. there is something wrong with him." misty said.

"what do you mean?" myrtle asked.

misty day's teacher fell to the ground with a sob, and michael stood behind him with a knife.

"are you here to save me?" misty asked.

all of the children's heads pointed upwards and their mouths went agape, their pupils seemed to disappear making their eyes resemble a white fog. they seemed to make a muffled noise.

"i couldn't understand what they were saying, but he listened while they talked their gibberish all around the classroom. i'm not educated, but i'm no fool. evil was speaking to him." misty explained.

"maybe he had to negotiate your release from hell?" cordelia asked.

"maybe," misty said nodding, "and you know better than me, miss cordelia. but i've sensed evil ever since i was a child! i could smell the sweet rot of a decaying soul, but i've never smelled anything quite like him. he wore the perfume of death."

"delia, what have we done?" myrtle asked, "we've anointed that boy the next supreme."

"he will never be the next supreme." cordelia said.

"then why did you give him the test?" myrtle asked.

"because i needed to know how strong he was. i knew there was something dangerous about him, something dark. i wanted to keep him close so we'd be ready. something is coming, whatever it is, michael langdon has already given us an advantage. he brought misty back to me, and i know billie is alive, i can feel it.." cordelia explained.

"our dear billie is alive?" myrtle asked, cocking her head to the side.

"she is." cordelia said.

a/n: would anyone read a The 100 fanfiction?