𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 - takeout

ELEVEN - TAKEOUT

ZOE AND I stepped off the bus. the sky was a dark blue surrounded in clouds.

"i already rented a hotel." zoe said. i nodded as we walked down the street together, stopping infront of a takeout restaurant.

"wanna grab a bite?" she asked.

"yes please." i replied and she chuckled, we walked inside and there was no one there except for the workers. guess that's what happens when you arrive at night.

"ma'am, we close in fifteen minutes." the cashregister worker scoffed.

"we'll be quick," zoe said, observing the menu, "two orders of orange chicken."

..... chicken can be orange?

the worker nodded and swiftly put some chicken in two seperate boxes, "seven dollars."

zoe handed her the money and we left with our food.

we walked down two blocks and arrived outside of a musty hotel.

we walked to the front desk and zoe pulled out her wallet.

zoe opened the door to our hotel room and we walked inside, observing the room.

it had a small kitchen, a couch with a square tv, and a bed. i placed my bag on the left side of the bed and zoe placed hers on the right.

"it's nice." i said.

"it's alright," she shrugged, "we'll be able to get a better place soon."

i opened the bag of takeout and observed the boxes. zoe took one from my hands and snapped the sticks of wood that came with it apart.

"do you know how to use chopsticks?" she asked.

"is that what they're called?" i asked, motioning to the sticks in her hand.

"yeah, you need to seperate them." she said.

i carefully snapped them in half and zoe nodded.

she put the chopsticks between her thumb and pointerfinger and showed me, "like this."

i copied her action and she opened the boxes of food.

"what is orange chicken?" i asked.

"the best thing ever." she plopped a piece into her mouth.

i peeked inside of the box and the sad looking chicken pieces sat at the bottom of the paper box.

she picked one of hers up with the chop stick and fed it to herself, her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

i carefully picked a piece of my chicken and put it in my mouth, "holy shit."

"billie." she said.

"sorry." i apoligized for my language, swallowing the food.

"it's good, right?" she asked.

"so good." i continued and finished the box of food.

she put her leftovers away and we both climbed into bed together.

a/n: sorry i was eating orange chicken and didn't know what other food to use. ^_^

— cas