Chapter Thirty-one-Lena

Hello, My Lovelies, 

I just want to thank you so much for supporting this book and I wanted to direct your attention to the top cover above for Lance's book Dirty Little Tease.  I hope you like the cover.  

If you like this chapter, you know what to do.  You are all wonderful. 

-XXXX Amanda

**********

I sat in an Italian restaurant at a table in the corner facing Lance. I was glad he didn't sit beside me because I didn't want him near...I didn't want anyone as close as Asher had been.

He smiled at me, showcasing his dimples, "I know I tricked you into this date, Lena," he said, studying my face, "But you could at least act like you're happy to be here."

I bit my lip before forcing a smile, "I'm sorry," I said, shaking my head, "I've had a rough week."

"I heard," he said, his blue eyes sparkling, "How is Becca?"

I raised my brows, "She's doing better," I said, confused because I didn't think he knew her, "How did you know about her?"

"Asher told me," he said as my smile fell from my face, "He was really worried about you."

"I doubt it," I said before I could stop myself. Lance tilted his head studying me as if peering into my soul.

"He really was worried, Lena," he said, softly, "He talked about you all night at the party."

I gave him a bitter smile and he narrowed his eyes, "What is going on between you two?"

"Nothing," I said, gritting my teeth, wishing I would have kept my big mouth shut.

"I'm starting to think it's not," he said, hesitantly, "Listen, I do like you and I wouldn't turn you down if you wanted to be mine, but I don't think you want that. As a matter of fact, I can tell you don't," he said, giving me a sad smile. Guilt moved through me and he shrugged, "I want you to know I'm a friend of both you and Asher's first. So, as a concerned friend, I'm going to ask you a question and require the truth. What is going on between you and Asher?"

"Nothing," I said, shifting beneath his gaze when he cocked his head at me and narrowed his eyes.

"Nothing now or ever?" He asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

I shook my head, resisting the urge to tell him but I knew I was already busted. I sighed, wiping my hand over my eyes, "Now."

"Mmm," he said, nodding once, "And what was it before?"

"Sex for him," I sighed, my shoulders bowing forward, "But more for me."

He pursed his lips, "A one night stand?"

I shook my head, "More than that," I said, squirming beneath his gaze, "We...were friends."

"But not anymore," he said, scratching his cheek, "How did that end?"

"Chrissy told me that they slept together at the last party," I said, swallowing back the tears that came with saying those words, "He didn't deny it."

He took a deep breath before letting it out, "Chrissy lied," he said, shaking his head, "She tried to get him to sleep with her at the party and when he turned her down, she slapped him. She probably heard him talking about you and figured it out. This was part of her revenge."