Chapter Nine-Asher

Hello, Lovelies,

I want to thank everyone who has read, voted on, commented on and added my books to their library.  It mean so much to me that my stories are read and enjoyed.

I would also like to share the news I woke up to this morning.  Burned won first place in fantasy in The Happiness Awards 2019!  I am so excited!  It is the first competition that I've won!  I am so honored to have been chosen.  Thank you to the hosts.  

Warnings for this chapter: There are sexual situations and a small amount of caveman actions in this chapter.  If there is a chance that these things will trouble you please do not continue.  

If you enjoy this chapter, please consider giving it a vote.  Also, If you have any questions about this book, comment or send me a message.  

Thank you, again!  

-XXXX Amanda

**********

I was trying my best not to crush my phone as I held it to my ear, trying to calm my breathing before I spoke to the asshole I sometimes called my friend. Right now, he was not my friend. He was my worst enemy. Lance's voice came across the line husky from sleep. I had woken him up and I didn't fucking care.

"Did you invite Lena to the party tonight?" I asked before he could start bitching about a call before the afternoon.

"No," he said, and I relaxed, "I gave her list of all the parties this semester that have already been planned and told her they were open invitation. If she took that as an invite...Then, I guess it's an invite."

"What the hell!" I screamed into the phone, "Rescind the invitation!"

The asshole started laughing, "What are you an old man?" He asked in a mocking tone, "Rescind the invitation...Hell, no...I'm not going to do that."

"She's fucking hands off then," I growled as I imagined throttling him.

He laughed again, "You know better," he said. The moment I heard the challenge in his voice I realized I screwed up. I should have never shown that I cared whether Lena was invited to those parties, "If anything I want to touch her more than ever."

"She's my neighbor," I said, through my teeth, "Her brother is my friend. It will cause problems."

"Not for me," Lance sang through the line, "You know what, bro...I'm going to get off here before you turn into a total pussy."

"Lance," I said but the fucker hung up on me. I threw the phone at the wall shattering it.

"Fuck!" I screamed, my chest heaving up and down as my mind raced. I couldn't let Lance touch her. He would ruin her. My hands curled into fists as I realized that I was going to have to follow her to every single party she went to in order to keep Lance away from her. Fuck my life.

***********

Lance met me outside of the frat when I arrived at the party. His cocky grin made me want to punch him.

"You better not let her in," I said, through clenched teeth realizing the damage had been done. If she was here, Lance would be all over her.

"What are you talking about, man?" He asked, raising his eyebrows and then, chuckled, "She's already here and I'm not telling her to go home. She's fun."

"How long?" I asked and he laughed before pressing his lips together with the amused expression still lighting up his face.

"An hour," his face was split in a cocky grin as I brushed by him, my hands in fists, "I think I should warn you-"