Chapter 14: New Arrivals

'It's been almost two years since the Battle of Mission City. Since then, we've found a new base in Diego Garcia, Indian Ocean and began the N.E.S.T. Program. NEST stands for Non-biological Extraterrestrial Species Treaty. With Will being a Major and me being a Captain, we've become more busy with making sure the humans are trained properly and don't cause problems as some are more weary of having to work with alien robots than others are.'

"What's on the agenda today?" Will asks.

"New recruits and I've got to get the new additions their disguises or at least figure out what'll suit them and order them once they've been approved." I say, looking over to him.

'Then we have the new additions, both Cybertronian and human.'

"After taking time in watching over them, I've already made some selections for each of them." I say, referring to the Cybertronians and gaining a sigh of relief from my fiance as I chuckle. "We just got to wait for them to come and I've got them in a couple colors that they each like." I say before thinking. "Except the troublemakers, Ratchet suggested an older ice-cream truck vehicle to keep them together so it's easier to keep an eye on them. They already have their vehicular form. They'll get newer and separate forms when Ratchet agrees with my selections but they probably won't come in for a while." I add.

"Good. Last thing we need right now is them racing each other. Lemme guess, they wanted something crazy?" He asks as we walk out to the Autobot Hangar.

I shake my head.

"They kept calling out every vehicle they liked and outrageous colors. Not to mention they're a couple of perverted robots." I add, grumbling words under my breath as I remember the flirting that they kept doing towards me.

"I'm just glad there's one person aside from Prime that the two will listen to." He says before I start to hear cheering.

"Kat!" Two crazy twins yell as they transform out of the ice-cream truck form.

"Do I have to be here?" I ask, gaining a smile from Will.

"Wish I could save you but you got to keep the bots from being harsh on the new NEST recruits. You'll have Ironhide helping." He says. "I've got papers to do." He adds, gaining a nod from me before we split to do our jobs.

I walk over to the training area of the base with the Twins following me.

"Ironhide." I say as soon as I see him.

He transforms out of his vehicular form and lets me step onto his hand before he raises it enough so I can go onto his shoulder and sit.

"Yo, Kat! Hang wit' us!" The Twins continue before they get their heads thrown together by Ironhide who knows they annoy me to no end.

"Guess we get training duty today." I say to Ironhide as we ignore the complaining Twins before he nods.

"Is there something you had in mind for today?" He asks.

"Aside from seeing who we've got to really work with, no. We can pair them off and get them practicing their combat against a Cybertronian." I say. "But we still have to assess the new Autobots."

He nods and walks to the gathered humans on the other side of the room. I watch them as some seem to get tense as Ironhide approaches them. I see a few who stands to attention after seeing me while others don't seem to take much notice as they're too busy looking to Ironhide.

"This is going to be a long day." I say, loud enough for the rest to see me before they stand in attention.

As talked about, we got some groups working with Ironhide on their combat against Cybertronians for a week and then a week working on their combat with Cybertronians. On week three, we mix the training so they fight alongside the Autobots in teams so they can practice fighting against a Cybertronian while working with Cybertronians. I managed to get Optimus and Bumblebee to help there, posing as the Decepticons with Ironhide as I 'lead' the soldiers and which ever Autobot(s) that team of soldiers are currently working with.

"Yo, Kitkat." I hear.

I turn before smiling.

"Epps!" I yell happily, having not seen him or Will much as I've been focusing on the training of the NEST soldiers and the new Autobots.

"Want to pause your training so you can see your shipment." He says, pointing back to the hangar designated for the vehicles we store for Autobot disguises.

"With pleasure." I say before turning and going over to Ironhide who just threw the Twins outside and into the sand because of their behavior. "Ironhide." I say to get his attention. "Round up the bots who need their vehicular forms. The cars just got here and are being unloaded." I say, receiving a nod before we split.

I head to the hangar with Epps before smiling at the vehicles in the area. We spend about ten minutes before the new Autobots come in led by Ironhide and Ratchet. I see the three females or femmes go straight to the three Ducati 848.

Arcee takes the pink one with black accents, Chromia takes the blue one with white and black accents, and Elita-One takes the final one with purple with black and white accents. I take note of how there are some Cybertronian symbols on their sides while they're in their vehicular form. While in their bipedal forms, they stand a little over twice the size of the soldiers. Jolt walks with his mentor, Ratchet, over to a blue Chevrolet Volt. When I watched Ironhide assessing him, I saw Jolt has electrified whips. I follow Ironhide's lead and show Sideswipe the vehicle I helped him pick out. He seems to like it and scans the silver 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray concept car (a prototype that we managed to get early since it's only 2007 and it doesn't come out until 2009).

"I had to pull a few strings to get this early so you better not go changing forms too soon." I jokingly say, but also serious.

Sideswipe transforms before smiling down to me.

"I love it." He says.

I smile.

"Good. Because I talked with Ironhide and Ratchet and got this too." I say, uncovering the car beside the one he now has. "It's the same but gold." I start before I look to Ironhide to continue.

"After our conversation concerning your twin, should Sunstreaker have survived and receives Optimus' message to come here, he will have a vehicular form to disguise himself with." Ironhide says, placing a hand on the younger Autobot's shoulder.

Sideswipe nods before we leave him to himself. Ironhide lets me on his shoulder again while we finish making sure everyone is alright with their new forms.

"Yo, Hide! Kat!" I hear Skids yell to Ironhide and I.

"Wher' our's at?" Mudflap asks.

"Shipping's taking longer for yours." I say. "It'll be hear soon." I add, giving Ironhide a look to leave.

As soon as we're out of hearing range, Ironhide looks to me.

"Still haven't?" He asks.

"We'll order the two's new forms as soon as they show they absolutely need it. And the manufacturer's are shut down for remodeling so it'll take some time to order anyway." I say.

"So you've picked them but don't have it ordered." He states.

"Correct. Thinking more of one red 2007 Chevrolet Trax and one green 2007 Chevrolet Beat." I say. "My choice. They agreed that I can pick the vehicle and the colors." I add.

"What'd you do in return?" He asks, looking to me.

I smirk.

"They agreed if I'd spend one day with them. So I did after you had sent them to the med-bay the next day." I say. "They didn't say when or where." I add.

He looks at me before he gives one of his rare smiles, considering he's as strict as a soldier on a battlefield.