Chapter 22: Where In The World... Egypt?!

I yelp in surprise as I find myself falling from the sky with Bumblebee right below me. He somehow catches me before he hits sand, almost hitting a small rock formation, before soon landing on his back on the ground and then letting me lie beside him. I groan as I turn my head enough to see my brother but no one else.

"Well, that wasn't so bad. I'm just hoping we're not on the wrong planet." I hear Jetfire say as I groan a little still.

"Hey, that frickin' hurt!" I hear Wheelie yell after hitting Jetfire's helm.

"Sam!" I hear Mikayla yell.

"Where are we? Simmons!" Sam yells.

"Hey! Yeah!" I hear Simmons yell before the two of us, followed by Bumblebee, head over to stand in front of Jetfire.

"You guys okay?!" Sam yells as he runs over to us.

"Yeah!" Mikayla yells as she and Leo start to make their way to us.

"Hey! I think we're in Vegas!" Leo yells.

"You wish." I say, gaining a nod from Bumblebee.

I give him a smile before going over to Simmons who's standing directly in front of and talking to Jetfire.

"That really, really hurts." Simmons says. "You're just lucky that I didn't get hurt." He continues. "People could've gotten killed, okay? And if I would have gotten hurt, you would have heard from--"

"Oh, shut up! I told you I was opening the space bridge. It's the fastest way to travel to Egypt." Jetfire says.

"Egypt?!" I suddenly yell in surprise.

"What did you tell us? You didn't tell us anything! You didn't tell us anything. Why are we in Egypt?" Sam yells at Jetfire once Mikayla finished wrapping his hand for whatever reason.

"Don't you dare get snippy with me, fleshling." Jetfire snaps back. "You were duly informed."

"Can you just stop for a second? Can you focus? Can you tell us why we're in Egypt so we can all have a little bit assemblance and peace of mind?" Sam asks while Simmons makes hand motions in agreement.

"This planet was visited by our race once before by our earliest ancestors a millennium ago. They were on an exploratory mission to harvest Energon, the life blood of our race. Without it, we'll all perish, oxidize and rust, like my wretched self. Do you have any idea what is like a slowly fall apart and die?" Jetfire starts to explain.

"Let's not get episodic, okay? Old-timer. Beginning, middle, end. Facts, details, condense, plot, tell it." Simmons says, not missing a beat.

"Somewhere buried in this desert, our ancestors built a great machine. It harvests Energon by destroying suns." Jetfire says, motioning to the sky to the sun.

"Destroy suns?" Sam and I ask in unison.

"You mean blow them up?" Leo asks.

"Yes. You see, in the beginning, there were seven Primes, our original leaders. And they set out in the Universe seeking distant suns to harvest. The Primes set out with one rule: Never destroy a planet with life. Until one of them tried to defy this rule. And his name, for ever more, was the Fallen." Jetfire starts.

He then lifts his hand to allow him to project The Fallen, allowing us to finally see what The Fallen actually looks like and what The Fallen's done in the past, before he continues.

"He despised the human race. And he wanted to kill you all by turning on that machine. The only way to activate it is with a legendary key called the Matrix of Leadership." He says before we see a large battle by the machine take place. "A great battle took place over possession of the Matrix. The Fallen who was stronger at his will did, surrendered no choice, but to steal and hide it from him. In the ultimate sacrifice, they gave their lives to seal the Matrix away in a tomb made of their very own bodies." He says as we watch them make the tomb be built with their bodies. "A tomb we cannot find. Somewhere, buried in this desert, that deadly machine remains. The Fallen knows where it is. And if he finds the Tomb of the Primes, your world will be no more." Jetfire finishes.