Chapter 19: Next Step To What?

When we reach the forest, my eyes go wide. Optimus is on the ground, motionless.

"Crystal!" Ironhide says, driving towards Sam.

"Right." I say, quickly getting to work.

I jump out with my gun in hand before running for my brother, letting the Autobots fight the fleeing Decepticons.

"Sam!" I yell, gaining his attention.

"Kat!" He yells, seemingly trying to comprehend the Prime on the ground.

I'm quick to grab him before pushing him in front of me.

"Keep running!" I yell before turning around, aiming for the closer Decepticons.

I shoot as much as I can before heading back to Skids who's closer to me. He opens his door long enough for me to get in before they floor it.

"Com the others." I say.

"Good ta go." Skids says.

"Ratchet." I start.

"I read you." I hear the medic.

"Optimus Prime has fallen." I say, hearing a gasp from him. "Skids, Mudflap, and Bumblebee are with us. We're splitting off from Sideswipe and Ironhide who can fill you in with the rest." I add. "We're alright. Until we're sure of the Decepticons intentions with Sam, we'll be on radio silence, no phones, no coms, and no communications whatsoever. We're going off the grid." I add, turning off my phone in the process.

"Understood." Ratchet says. "Be safe."

"You too." I say before Skids disconnects the line.

I lean back in my seat, sighing heavily as I wonder how Ironhide is and what Will is thinking right now.

After an hour or two of driving, we get to an abandoned town before going into some  open area with an alleyway as an entrance to allow the three 'Bots to stretch their legs in their bipedal forms.

"You good, Bee?" I ask, looking up from my spot on an abandoned car that no longer runs.

He nods while buzzing and pretending to punch the air as though he was preparing to box with someone, though I know he, like the rest of us, are mourning in our own ways over the fallen Prime. I give him a smile before looking over to Mikayla who sits beside me.

"You?" I ask.

She looks to where Sam and the other male, whom I learned is known as Leo and is annoyingly too flirty to any kind of woman, is.

"I'm good." She says, giving me a reassuring smile before I get up and start to head towards the entrance of our hiding place where Sam and Leo currently were.

I glance to Skids and Mudflap who seems to be waiting for Leo to come through so they can scare him.

Sam grabs Leo's phone while in they're in the alleyway.

"They can track us. Do you see this?" Sam asks before throwing it onto the ground and stomping onto it.

"What? They can track us? Like satellite-track us?" Leo asks, not caring that his phone just got destroyed. "Whoa, whoa, whoa, okay, I'm not even with you guys. Technically, I'm like a hostage. This is kidnapping. Enough is--" Leo starts.

"Yo! Leo!" Skids starts from beside me just as Leo comes into the opening with the rest of us.

"This thing's gonna give me a heart attack, I swear." Leo mutters, looking like his heart had just dropped beforehand.

Considering how he acts, I laugh at it. I hold out a fist before 

"That's 'cause you was a wuss." Mudflap says.