Chapter 21

Yurio's POV 1st Person Omniscient

"Are they seriously not coming" I say turning to Mila, she shakes her head, 

"It's not exactly surprising, after an international move, they need to re acclimate. Plus didn't they just get their stuff like, yesterday?" 

I roll my eyes, "Three days ago. But that's no excuse! Otabek started training with us only 3 days after he got here! They've been here a week! They just don't want to come and work. Gah! They're disgusting!"

"Otabek is staying with you! He didn't have to buy any furniture or unpack anything - besides the bed-" Mila adds quickly as I open my mouth to protest, "Plus they had an entire apartment worth of stuff to ship over, it'll be so much more work. WAY more work than Otabek had to do before he joined the team." She says, and I scoff,

"Since when are you in the know about what it was like when Otabek moved?" I ask her, slightly jealous, although I'm not entirely sure why. I'm just protective of my friend. That's all. 

"We're friends." Mila says matter of factly, and to demonstrate calls "Otabek!" across the ice to where he's practicing. He looks up, bemused, but waves back at Mila once he identifies it was her who yelled. She turns to me triumphantly, "See?" 

"Whatever." I mutter and skate away, fuming, why am I so mad? Maybe it's just my natural setting. I think as I stop in front of one of the circles in the ice. I decide to work on my quad Salchows for a while. I hate Salchows. I think to myself, even as I land the jump elegantly.

"Raise your arm more as you land!" Yakov yells from the hockey box, I roll my eyes, but do as he says. I land the jump, and raise my arm slightly more, as he instructed, damn it, I think, I hate it when he's right. I spend another half hour on my quads, this time working on the loop jump. I've finished my ninth loop and am gliding into my check out after the landing when I notice a blur of silver in my peripheral vision. Victor? What's he doing here? And why isn't he wearing skates, isn't he going to practice? Where's the pork cutlet bowl. He motions to me and the other skaters to join him and Yakov by the side, and we obey. 

He smiles nervously as we assemble in front of him, "Um," He begins, uncertainly, "I'm proposing to Yuri. Today." He says in a rush. I stare at him blankly, propose? They only got together a few months ago.  Mila gasps at the news and rushes forward, embracing her former, and now current, rink mate. "But I need your help." He continues once she's released him.

"What do you need?" My mouth moves on it's own without my consent. He smiles at me and begins to explain, a few minutes later Victor is running out of the rink once again and practice is canceled. We rush around, getting everything in order, even Yakov helps, looking annoyed, but still assisting when needed. As for me, my job is coupled with Otabek's; get rid of the public skaters. Normally we reserve the practice rink, but today happens to play host to a public skate, which is irritating to us, but not impossible to manage, we've all learned to dodge little kids. But for the proposal, how stupid, to work we need the rink, and building for that matter, to be completely clear. Otabek and I have the task of convincing the rink's manager to bring an early end to the public skate. We were chosen especially for this because the manager is a huge fan of ours, she loves competitive skating and almost died when our team switched to practicing here last fall. Honestly she's still not completely used to it, whenever Chris shows up she scurries away to her office, and can be seen ogling him from the window. Then again most peope can. I'm not entirely sure why. We don our skate guards and begin the irritatingly long walk to her office, on the other side of the building. "So," I say to Otabek, "What's the game plan? What do you think is the best way to get her to agree?"