Chapter 1

** But first, an Author's note!**

So, I've written several books on here, most of them have been taken down (by me) for being absolute trash, but here's to hoping this one does better, at least through my eyes lol. I'm a figure skater as well, no where near the league I'm writing about, not even competitive, but hopefully I will be soon. I'm not the best at writing skating programs (especially for me, they're pathetic) so while they're skating you'll basically just be hearing their thoughts. I'm always open to suggestions, so feel free to reach out. I hope this will be okay, and I can't guarantee I'll remember to update so sorry about that. That's it, enjoy the story!

****************************

Yuri's POV, 3rd Person Omniscient

The voice of the announcer boomed through the screen, repeating what Yuri was sure everyone knew by now. "Tonight's was a performance we never expected out of Yuri Katsuki, our silver medalist, and I think it's fair to say he's surpassed our wildest expectations. Although he placed second, his silver medal was streaked with gold. He was defeated by Yuri Plisetsky by a hair, .12 points, a record-breaker all around. Katsuki's score was 319.41 and Plisetsky's was 319.53! One of the closest defeats in history! It's safe to say that next season will be historic, with Katsuki's coach, and living legend, Victor Nikiforov coming back to competitive skating while remaining as coach for Katsuki and guiding figure to Plisetsky will be something you cannot miss! Now for an exclusive interview with Jean Jacques Leroy, who came in last-"

"Will you please turn that thing off?" Yuri groaned, burying his face in his hands. He was sitting in his hotel room with Victor and his former ballet teacher Minako. "You've been watching those forever, how many versions of the same thing can there possibly be? And more importantly why do you feel the need to watch all of them?" He was right too, this play by play newscast from the night before was the 6th shown in an hour, all of them containing the exact same material. "Yurio won by a hair, I lost by a hair, it's all the same" Yuri looked up exasperatedly at the former ballerina as she finally switched off the TV.

"For your information, I wanted to re-watch the skating, but all they had on were interviews and results." Minako replied, "Speaking of interviews, when are you two going to tell them?" 

Yuri flushed bright pink while Victor just smiled, "Them? Which them?" Yuri said eyeing Victor, who had a small smile playing on his lips but determinedly wasn't entering into the conversation. "And, currently there's nothing to tell, I have yet to figure out how you even know."

Minako smiled, "I just know."  She said slyly, then, with a sigh, vacated her place on the side of the bed. "I'm going to get ready for the banquet, see you down there." She shot a mischievous grin at the two and left the room for her own down the hall. 

As the door clicked shut behind her and Yuri and Victor looked at each other, "So, the waiting's finally over." 

***Time Jump back to just after the Free Skate of Cup of China***

Yuri skated to the side frantically "Victor!" He called "I did great right?" Victor just stood there and waited, when Yuri was finally close enough he flew to him, on him rather. They slid back onto the ice. Their lips met. It was.....

Perfect?

Wonderful?

Horrible?

Yuri had no idea how he felt about it. He just did.

"It was the only thing I could think of to surprise you more than you've surprised me." Victor whispered, the warmth in his voice unmistakable. 

Later, off the ice, away from the cameras, that blissfully couldn't make out the kiss because Victor's shoulder had been blocking them, they discussed it. "Yuri? Are you alright? What are you thinking?" Victor asked as he eyed his skater worriedly. They'd just gotten back to the hotel room after the awards were announced, the younger of the pair sporting a silver. "Yuri!"

He snapped out off his trance, and looked up at Victor from his position seated on the bed. "I'm okay." He said quickly, Victor looked concerned, guilty even. Not to mention very worried. "What... happened back there?" He asked the star standing before him.

"Something I'd wanted to happen for a long time," Victor replied, eyes still locked on Yuri's. He didn't respond, for minutes they just sat there in each other's presence, Victor growing more nervous by the second.  "I'm sorry, I didn't think it through, I didn't think at all- and I've freaked you out completely... Can we just pretend this never happened?" Victor finished quietly, lifting his gaze from Yuri. Looking anywhere but at him.

"Why?" He looked up, seeming genuinely confused.

"Why what?" Victor replied quickly, trying to silence the small flicker of hope creeping into his voice.

"Why did you kiss me in the first place, only to try and break it off a few minutes later?" His deep brown eyes were fixed intently on the other's blue. 

Victor looked conflicted, "Because- I don't know. I just thought it would be wonderful if I did, but now you're so hesitant. It seems like I scared you, and I'd never want to do that. I'm not forcing this on you if you don't want it." 

"And if I do? Want it?" Yuri said, his cheeks tinged pink.

"Do you?" Victor replied quickly, a light in his eyes

"I've never had a girlfriend- or boyfriend for that matter, before. I'm way more inexperienced than you in a lot of things, so I do, but bear with me okay? It's a lot to take in." Yuri finished with a small smile on his lips, incredulous and excited at the same time by the prospect of dating Victor Nikiforov, the Victor Nikiforov. Speaking of, he just stared at him, uncomprehending. "So, now what?" Yuri asked, vaguely amused by the stillness of his coach.

"Now, we wait," Victor said, his face finally changing, splitting into a grin. "Until the Grand Prix Finals are over, of course. I don't want anything to mess up your skating, not even me. If altering our relationship will throw you off balance around me then we can't alter it until we have some time to re-acclimate," 

"Okay," Yuri said looking slightly surprised by how well planned the reply had been. "In that case," He trailed off awkwardly, "Do you want to get some food, I'm starving." Victor laughed,

"Sounds good,"

**Time Jump to 4 Days Prior (Episode 10 Where they go Sightseeing around Barcelona before the GPF)**

The promise ring glinted on Yuri's finger, an identical ring shining on Victor's. Both rings were on the finger where a wedding ring should be placed, except on their right hands. They seemed to catch the light that wasn't there, Yuri thought as he sat in bed in their darkened hotel room, watching Victor sleep. The latter was lying on a rollaway bed placed next to Yuri's, but a good two feet down. It was funny, they'd checked in after going on their shopping/sightseeing trip around Barcelona, and with the rings on their fingers and the way they looked at each other (according to the extremely apologetic concierge at least) the hotel staff had given them a room with a double bed, thinking they were a couple. They'd had nothing else available, as they were booked solid for the final so they had to find a trundle bed somewhere and stick it in the room to make up for it. At first, Yuri was going to take it, but Victor wouldn't let him, saying, "You need sleep! Tomorrow's the Short Program, you can't be tired!" To most people, maybe not Minako granted, but to most people nonetheless, this would just be an overprotective coach talking, but secretly Yuri thought Victor was doing it just to be sweet. 

As he drifted off, Yuri wondered what Victor had meant earlier in response to Phichit's mistake. "We're not married, we're engaged, we'll be married after Yuri wins gold in the Final." Did he really think that? That the ring was Yuri's subtle way of proposing? They hadn't even been on a date yet. Hopefully, though, he wasn't serious. Not yet anyway.

**Author's Note!**

Sorry! I know how painful that first chapter was to read! Believe me, I do not like the way it turned out, but bear with me, I promise it WILL get better. I just kinda had to get it started and build the foundation for the rest of the story. See you guys soon! (I say as if anyone will read this lol) and I'll try to have the next chapter out tomorrow! Bye!!