five

the weekend rolled around quite fast, and all kyouka could do was sit in her room and cry.

alone.

she was always alone.

there could be hundreds of people around her, yet all she'd feel is loneliness.

it was friday evening after dinner - jirou stumbled into her room, her eyes on the brink of tearing up. when the door shut, she immediately locked it and fell to her knees. it was so much harder than she thought it would be to stay away, her heart ached at seeing her best friends.

the last two days felt horrible, she wanted to die. if it was supposed to be like this the entire year, she wouldn't be able to last.

"j-just sl-leep it off, kyouka, sleep," she hiccuped to herself, trying to stand.

jirou changed into shorts and a baggy hoodie, she was lucky to brush her teeth right after dinner so no one would see her. the tiny girl jumped into bed and cried quietly.

her phone started buzzing, but she knew it was kaminari and yaoyorozu. they haven't stopped texting her since the festival, but she had to do her best to ignore them.

"i meant to be alone, i've always been alone. everybody... just, go away.."

slowly, kyouka drifted to sleep. it was the same process for the last two days; she'd eat quick, use the bathroom and wash up, then run off to her room, crying herself in bed.

kyouka was tired after all.

but she was tired of feeling lonely.

-

jirou ran inside her house, running to her mother. the two had such a strong mother and daughter bond, as if nothing could tear them apart.

"mommy!!" jirou giggled.

her mother lifted her up in her arms, "hi kyou, what's going on?"

"i want you to meet my new friend!"

she jumped down, and the tiny four year old kyouka ran to her front door. at the door standing there alone, looking a little bit shy, was itsuki.

"mommy, meet itsuki hamasaki. hamasaki, this is my mommy. he's our new neighbour!"

her mother crouched down to the little boy, patting his head, "hello there, hamasaki, it's very nice to meet you. hopefully you and my daughter can be good friends,"

itsuki smiled, "i hope so too,"

-

"kyou!! look at all the flowers!"

tiny kyouka and itsuki ran through the big field of tulips, smiling and laughing.

"hey you two, don't go too far!"

"we won't, mommy!"

plucking a yellow tulip with a strike of black through it, itsuki ran up to the girl, "this is for you, kyouka,"

a soft smile was pressed on her face, "thank you, suki,"

"i promise we'll grow up together, forever!"

-

hamasaki ran behind the huge tree, dragging jirou along with him. the two were playing hide n seek with a couple of friends from elementary school.