thirteen

"you can play guitar?!"

kaminari was taken back from the sudden shouts from everyone in the room.

"w-well, i used to i guess," he stuttered.

"what the fuck? why didn't you say so sooner, dipshit!" bakugou yelled.

"sorry sorry, let me go get my guitar,"

"it's here?" tokoyami asked.

kaminari nodded and ran out of the room with ashido's guitar.

jirou stood there frozen for a moment. it wasn't a bad thing that he could play guitar, it was more so of a good thing - great even. but now, she felt even more attracted to him. the feeling covered up the jealousy she felt from camie. jirou knew there was no way they'd like eachother like that, but she couldn't help it. seeing them be so close with eachother made her stomach form a knot. jirou's face heated up at the thought of the boy and she covered her face.

"if you're gonna blush, be less obvious,"

jirou quickly looked up to her right and saw ashido beside her, winking. she hit jirou's shoulder lightly before walking over to the keyboard.

just then, the door bursted open and kaminari came in with a pastel yellow guitar. it had a black thunder bolt at the bottom with music notes. he had started to tune the guitar with one of the tuners laying around.

everybody who originally was looking around came and stood by the door. kirishima and sero snuck in and went beside bakugou.

"woah, everything's so manly and cool!" kiri exclaimed.

"don't mess around, shitty hair,"

ochako noticed the guitar in denki's hands, "kaminari, you play guitar?"

"that's what we said," everybody inside the room said in unison.

camie stopped by to see how they were doing and giggled, "i got him that guitar for a birthday present when i found out he loved music and wanted one really bad. he would leave it here everyday because he didn't wanna disturb his grandparents,"

kaminari finished tuning up the guitar and played some chords. it sounded good and was in pretty good condition.

"can you give me something to play? i haven't done this in a while," kaminari asked, playing with the strings some more.

"yeah, i'll show you how to play some songs and maybe it'll work. you aren't too bad, denki," jirou smiled.

"thanks, kyou,"

-

time passed on and the band - with the special addition of kaminari - was practicing in the music room still. everybody else had left the store with the orders to meet back together in the centre of town by three forty-five, right before the talent show started.

the group decided to preform an original song jirou had wrote. they haven't performed it live before, and they only practiced it in school. honestly it wasn't the brightest song, but it did have a lot of meaning. it was about itsuki, her first heartbreak gave her a lot of inspiration. it was also the easiest to teach to kaminari, so it was good.

"alrighty, can we run it from the top again? i think i'll get it this time," kami asked, playing the chorus to himself.

"okay, let's do it,"

bakugou counted them in and started the beat, tokoyami and ashido started to play as well and then kaminari. jirou came in after, and started to sing as well.