eight

a little over a week passed and throughout that time everyone went on adventures almost everyday; shopping, walks around town, visiting people. the most important thing that they probably did was plan though - planning for kyouka's birthday.

she was turning eighteen, and everyone wanted to make it special since she had it rough the last two years. her mother left her a couple days after her sixteenth birthday, and hamasaki wasn't even there for her on her seventeenth. they all knew they needed to be there, everyone knew her pain.

well.

almost everyone.

denki had no clue what had happened in the last two years, heck he didn't even know kyouka had a boyfriend. it wasn't a topic they had touched upon on her side, but denki never really asked anyways.

back to the birthday planning. everyone except jirou had been talking for a while about what to do and they ended up with a surprise party. they made a group chat for the nine students planning and that could be there in person for the party. right now, they decided to get messages and videos and compile them together as a little gift from everyone else in the class. each day, they would get new videos from the missing students at the dorms and add it onto the final product that yaoyorozu was editing.

"i just sent you my video, yaomomo! i wish i could be there with you guys, but i hope this surprise turns out great for jirou!!"

"thank you, ashido. i wish you were here too, we'll tell you all about it when you're back. have fun in hawaii!"

"bye!"

yaoyorozu put her phone down and sighed, while closing her eyes. she's been editing the video to make it perfect for her best friend, and it's been looking great. that was according to everyone else of course.

there was a knock at her door and she yelled, "come in, it's open,"

walking in was the multicoloured hair boy with snacks and drinks. he had a soft smile on his face and kissed yaomomo's head.

"hey love, i brought some things for you," todoroki greeted.

she took the snacks and placed them down on the table, "thank you shou, can you stay for a bit? it gets lonely sitting here all day,"

"of course, as long as you need me,"

-

while momo was busy in her room, everybody else had jobs too. kyouka's birthday was tomorrow, so there was quite a bit of preparing today more than any other. even if her party wasn't going to be huge, they were putting lots of effort into it.

aoyama and hagakure were in charge of decorations. they had bought all of the balloons, streamers, anything you'd find at a party in jirou's favourite color; purple. those two were the perfect team for picking out that kind of stuff, so it worked great.

kirishima and tsuyu were responsible for setting up the place tomorrow. they had a little plan where around lunch, everyone would go to an amusement park and spend the entire afternoon there. kiri and tsu have to stay behind for a bit though, to decorate the dorm. with only the two of them behind it wouldn't be very suspicious.

mirdoriya and bakugou were running food. it was definitely more hectic than the other duos, but sometimes they got along. they made all of jirou's favourites and a red velvet cake with white and purple icing. bakugou dyed the cake batter a light purple to match the design as well. since midoriya and bakugou were childhood friends, mirdoriya picked up on some skills from him. he was able to do all the easier foods while bakugou did the more complex ones.