seventeen

two weeks.

it's been two weeks since school started up again and it was already hell. it's not like it never was, but the feeling was if it grew ten time's worse.

it was a wednesday, twelve at noon. kyouka was banging on denki's door like crazy. she was supposed to be in the cafeteria, but she ran all the way back to the dorms to see him.

who she hasn't seen for a whole week.

"dammit, come on denki open up!" she sighed, banging again.

denki would call kyouka everyday for that week in the morning, saying he was sick and wouldn't come. apparently the bakusquad members got the phone call too. however, denki's little lie finally started to fall apart.

» flashback «

jirou left fourth period to go to the bathroom. everything has been so weird and she didn't know what to do.

kaminari was acting differently since the first day and she was too scared to ask. jirou was also too scared to confront yaoyorozu or mr. aizawa about the whole dilemma in the summer.

she didn't want to do it alone.

the only good thing was that the unknown messages finally stopped. she didn't know if it was for now or not, but she was happy.

as jirou walked down to the bathroom on the second floor, she was fairly close to the windows. however, something caught the corner of her eye. she glanced to the right slightly, towards the big glass windows. looking down, she saw two familiar purple and blonde haired teens.

jirou paused and pressed up against the window, "no way.."

squinting, she saw a clear vision of shinsou and kaminari. making out behind the bushes.

"denki, what the heck," she whispered.

at first she was frustrated. her best friend had chosen to see his boyfriend over attending class. well, that was what she thought.

jirou watched as kaminari suddenly pushed off shinsou and started yelling at him, at least that was what it looked like. kaminari looked so upset, his face has the expression of sorrow and pain.

"denki.."

a heavy gasp escaped her lips and her hands quickly covered them. jirou witnessed her best friend get slapped across the face like it was nothing, by his own boyfriend.

without thinking twice, jirou ran towards the staircase. the bell for lunch rang and students started to flood the halls. she was caught in a student traffic jam in the hallway, but she was able to make her way through.

except she was too late.

kaminari and shinsou were already gone.

» end «

"denki please open the door!" kyouka screamed.

still there was no response.

"i saw what happened denki, i saw you get hit, please open the fucking door,"

just then quiet, light footsteps - which increasingly got louder - reached the door. the unlocking from the inside was slow, just as slow as the door opened to reveal denki.

he had red puffy eyes, his right cheek bright red still and an exhausted look on his entire face.

before kyouka could say anything, denki pulled her in swiftly, but it was so weak that she practically walked herself in. the door clicked behind them with the slight touch of denki's free hand.