thirty one

a/n :
last actual chapter ! 🥺

-

two months passed since their reckless incident.

it was new years, and many people were hanging around the new years festival. it was already the evening, the sun had already set. only the lanterns around the booths and pathways lighted the way, along with the moon.

kaminari and jirou decided to go on a double date with todoroki and yaoyorozu, since they asked. the four of them wore yukata's matching with their partner, and they looked adorable. together, they stood at the bridge above a river, waiting for the fireworks.

"i can't wait, this night has been so fun," jirou smiled towards the three.

kaminari felt the blush in his cheeks rise as he just watched her. everything was truly amazing, but little did jirou know it was about to get better. kaminari turned to todoroki and yaomomo, nodding is head as some signal. the couple gave a thumbs up, yaomomo smiling widely.

"kyouka, shouto and i are gonna grab something to eat really quickly. we'll be back for the fireworks!" yaomomo informed, waving her best friend off and dragging her boyfriend away.

jirou just nodded and looked back to the river. the water had lanterns floating down and people sitting by the river. the bridge itself was lit up and many people stood by as well.

"kaminari, the fireworks are about to start!"

kaminari took a deep breath. he wanted everything to absolutely perfect this night. as soon as todoroki and yaomomo invited them, he knew this would be the perfect opportunity.

it was his chance to finally ask kyouka to be his girlfriend.

boom.

the first firework took to the sky, exploding in a gorgeous red colour. it sparkled in the sky and golden sparks travelled and danced. jirou's face went into awe, her mouth dropped open and her eyes wide. the second fire work took place, then the third and so on.

"woah, it's so pretty," jirou whispered gently.

kaminari looked at the sky as well, admiring the colourful explosions. he felt his hand slip into hers and they just comfortably held hands.

halfway through, kaminari turned his head and stared at the girl to his side. she noticed him staring and couldn't help but look as well. as their eyes locked, kaminari turned his body fully and finally spoke up.

"kyouka,"

boom.

"will you be my girlfriend?"

boom.

jirou could barely hear what he said, but watching the movement of his lips at the very last second, it became clear. she smiled, probably for the hundredth time today.

"yes,"

boom.

kaminari felt like his whole world just became brighter. he leaned in and kissed her lips soft and slow until the next firework took off. he rested his forehead against hers, whispering.

"i love you, thank you for waiting for me,"

"i love you too, dork,"