fifteen

jirou grabbed her phone and pressed shuffle on one of her playlists labelled 'relax & chill' . she then set it aside and sighed heavily, starting her story from the very beginning when she had met hamasaki in the park.

little kyouka slid down the bright red spiral slide. her bare feet met the warm sand at the bottom and she jumped up. the four year old ran as her small feet sank into the sand with every step, making her way to the sand box in the centre of the park.

"sandcastle time, sandcastle time, sandcastle time!" she cheered, plopping down and grabbing the bucket left in the sand.

kyouka made two towers and piled a bunch of sand in the centre. she smiled and clapped to herself. finding a stick near by, she used it to carve the shape of windows and a drawbridge in the front.

"it's perfect!"

step.

"time to make more,"

step.

"mmm, this is so tiring... and lonely.."

step.

"hello?"

kyouka turned around and saw a small boy, looking around her age. he wore light brown shorts with a red t-shirt. his eyes were averting every now and then, with a shy expression. unlike the strange toddler, kyouka's eyes sparkled and her mouth opened.

"hi! would you like to play with me?" she asked right away.

the boy looked up fully, "r-really..? i can?"

"mhm! what's your name?"

"i'm itsuki.. hamasaki.."

kyouka smiled and turned to the empty spot beside her. she patted the sand and introduced herself.

"i'm kyouka jirou, it's nice to meet you,"she said, "come sit, we're gonna make sandcastles!"

jirou sighed and closed her eyes for a second. talking about the old times pained her heart a little bit, like tiny needles poking through.

"s-sorry.. maybe talking about this is a bad idea.." kaminari stuttered, biting his lip shyly.

"nah, i'm just gonna fast forward a bit to speed things up,"

kaminari lifted his feet from the ground and onto the bed to get more comfortable. he crossed his legs and looked at jirou, "fine with me,"

"well, we started being friends from that point on. went to the same preschool, elementary, became best friends, we were always with eachother. being neighbours made us inseparable,"

kaminari nodded, listening quietly.

"itsuki, do you want to come over later?"

"okay, yeah sure,"

the bell rang for school to end and the two twelve year olds dashed outside. they didn't live that far, it was a five minute walk and a two minute run.