twenty three

"welcome to the yuuei dance! come and join us students and friends!"

seven in the evening struck and all the students came to the front door of yuuei. aizawa and vlad king were at the door, taking their attendance of the flooding students and friends. principal nezu walked down the halls, leading them down to the gym. present mic was already at the dj, blasting out music. the lights were flashing different colours, steam
machines releasing steam every now and then. all the other teachers were on supervision, walking around the huge gym and hallways until everyone was inside.

"hitamashi! come this way!"

"shut your trap, and why did you make me wear these weird clothes?"

"you're supposed to be a nerd, just follow us and go along,"

walking up slower than the rest of the students, kendo, monoma, shinsou, and hamasaki were getting out of kurogiri's car. they were farther behind, in between two street lights in the dark. toga waved them a giggly goodbye while the four of them headed in their costumes towards yuuei. together they made their way to the front, checking in with vlad king.

"oh hey you three! it's nice to see you come in your fantastic villain costumes," their teacher greeted.

"hi, vlad king!" kendo smiled.

both teachers standing there looked at the boy behind monoma. hamasaki looked entirely different, not even the teachers would recognize or remember him at this point. kendo did his makeup, since he typically looks a lot older than he is. his hair was done neatly, earrings were removed, and kendo shoved fake glasses on him. kurogiri also made the fake identity, now going under the name of tasuku hitamashi. the boy looked like a total nerd.

"and who's that?" vlad asked, pointing.

monoma moved out of the way, introducing the new guy, "this is my childhood friend, his name's tasuku hitamashi,"

"here's some identity papers," shinsou said, holding out the fake printed ones from kurogiri.

flipping through the papers, vlad nodded in approval. however, mr. aizawa didn't buy it.

"what school do you go to?" the tired teacher asked, eyeing him.

"w-well.. actually i'm homeschooled, i'm in the same grade as monoma. when monoma still lived in his house, we would hangout all the time because i was right down the street. but since he started living at the dorms, i don't really go out that much," hamasaki said shyly, trying to play the part of a quiet homeschool nerd boy.

"and you know kendo and shinsou because..?"

"oh! in the summer, monoma came over and brought those two along. we all became friends very quickly,"

kendo swing her arm around hamasaki, "that's right, this little nerd is the sweetest guy. it's really nice being his friend,"

shinsou came in as well, rubbing the top of hamasaki's neatly done hair. they all started laughing as the boy pouted, fixing it quickly.

"ah, that's good to hear. hope you guys have fun tonight," aizawa said in defeat, letting them in.

"thank you, mr. aizawa," kendo grinned.

as soon as they got in, more laughter erupted from everyone but hamasaki. the boy swung his backpack that he was carrying around, ripping of his fake glasses and stuffing it into his bag. taking the papers from shinsou, he also put them in, not caring if they got wrecked.

"i can't believe you acted like a nerd," monoma snorted.

"it was totally believable too! the shyness and shit," kendo snickered, "'the sweetest guy' my ass,"