Coffee

She couldn't go anywhere without running into him. It was 6 in the morning, an ungodly hour for the 16 year old May, and she needed caffeine. How else could a girl stay awake the whole day to travel? Clearly not without a good cup of coffee. There were a few people out. An elderly couple walked a electrike on the sidewalk across the street. A few young adults were also walking accompanied by their Pokémon.

Anyone coming towards the undead May made a face and got out of her way. She was like a zombie when she walked into the café, groaning for coffee. The poor young barista squeaked when she saw May approach the counter. May was too dead to care about scaring the people around her. She ordered her coffee in a very monotonous tone as the girl around May's age diligently took her order.

"T-That will be coming r-right up miss!" The barista stuttered after May paid for the drink. The girl played with her auburn hair nervously.

"Thanks," May grumbled. She trudged through the café trying to find a place to sit when suddenly, a familiar smug voice called out to her.

"I wondered what was scaring the patrons," it was too early for her to deal with him.

"I can't believe you're a morning person," May said, making eye contact with the green eyed, green haired coordinator.

"I can't believe you're not," He laughed, gesturing for her to sit down at his booth, across from him. She sat down and sighed.

"Why is this surprising?" She asked confused.

"Well you're so annoying and hyper every time we run into each other, I figured you would fall asleep super fast and wake up just as annoying as always," Drew explained.

"Ha ha very funny," May scoffed. The barista from earlier came to deliver May's drink.

"Oh my sir, if she is bothering you, we can make her leave," The barista said to Drew.

"Bothering him! He was the one that dragged me over here in the first place, he bothered me!" May exclaimed.

"O-Oh, okay," the barista said quickly.

"Sorry about her, she doesn't understand how many people she scares like this," he said, smiling at the girl.

"Shut up, Shrew!" May shouted. Drew reaches across the table and with one hand, pushed her head down onto the table with a thud.

"That's a new one Bandana Brain. Sorry for the trouble," he said as May flailed her arms. The barista nodded and began to walk off. Then she turned back around and rushed back to the table.

"Will you go on a date with me!?" She blurted out to Drew.

"Um, sorry, I'm just passing through, I'm not from around here," Drew said. May struggled against his hold, her protests at him muffled.

"It's okay! I could meet you somewhere convenient for the both of us!" She said enthusiastically.

"No, I'm from an entirely different region, that really wouldn't work," Drew said politely.

"We could spend the day together today, and if it goes well, I could stay with you and go back with you?" The girl tried again.

"No, it just wouldn't work out," Drew said.

"Just give it a shot, I can be the perfect girl for you!" Then barista pleaded.

"That's not possible because I've already met that girl," Drew said.

"Just give me a chance!" She begged. May broke free and took in a huge gasp of air.

"Look I said no," he said.

"If you just let me actually talk to you for 5 minutes-"

"No"

"I promise-"

"No"

"I'm a great girl-"

"DEAR ARCEUS HE SAID NO!" May snapped. The girl's face drastically fell. She looked very upset as she walked away, tears starting to form in her eyes. May took a huge gulp of coffee.

"Aaaaah that's better," May smiled. "Also, who's the girl Drew!! The perfect girl you met!!?" May exclaimed.

"Aw man, you're back to normal, and you know her, I just can't ever get her to realize how I feel about her," Drew said. May felt her heart sink.

"I see," May said.

"I think it's time I come clean with her," Drew said suddenly.

"I wish you luck, hopefully everything works out," May said encouragingly, but it all just made her sad. She didn't understand it. And when that girl pestered Drew, she had this burning feeling in her stomach until she exploded. She wasn't sure how she felt about Drew anymore.

"Hey May?" He asked.

"What is it Drew?" May answered.

"I have feelings for you," he said. The words hit May like an awakening slap to the face.

"You like me?" May asked.

"Yes, I do, that's why I make fun of you all the time, because I want to see all your reactions, and I've decided one that I really want to see is after a kiss," he layed out his feelings.

"Wait, what?" She asked confused as he began to lean in. She thought it was a joke. It had to be. He would pull away last second and smirk at her. That was all. But then their lips met. May couldn't think properly. As soon as it had started, it was over.

"You? Me? Like?" May said, confused with swirls in her eyes, and a bright red face. Drew broke out in laughter at her.

"Gosh you're such a ditz!" He said fondly. He quickly gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Drew likes me?"

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

-A/N-

I'm so sorry. I haven't really been that inspired for one shots in a while so please forgive me. I hope this was good enough. I have a couple more ideas now so look out for those!

I just proof read it because I didn't think I finished it, but it was done and I have no recollection of writing the ending XD

YouDontKnowShipping