The Scheme

Ecruteak was a beautiful city to May as she stared starry eyed at the architecture. She wasn't paying attention to the people walking towards her having to dive out of the way last minute because she had her head in the clouds. She started focusing on one tower in particular before smashing into somebody's chest. She fell backwards but they grabbed her by the wrists and yanked her up, the momentum crashing her into them again. She looked up in surprise. Her rival Drew Hayden stared down at her with his striking green eyes, smirking in amusement.

"You better be careful May, if it hadn't been me you could have seriously hurt somebody," he warned teasingly. She slipped her wrists out of his grasp before rolling her eyes up at him. Drew had hit a nice growth spurt within the past 2 years. He used to be about an inch shorter than her with a much taller ego, but now he stood at 6 "2 towering over her at 5 "5.

"Oh yeah, we'll what's your excuse for not getting out of the way?" She fired back.

"Maybe I wanted a reason to talk to you," He said, a serious look on his face. May looked at him curiously.

"Oooh, that's a joke right?" May laughed after a moment of silence. Drew let out a soft sigh that she barely heard before he gently placed his hand on top of her head.

"Right, a joke," he said quietly, patting her softly on the head twice.

"You're so confusing Drew, you and your split personality. I see you are nice Drew today," May said, chasing his hand away off from resting on her head. "And I hate it when you do that! I'm not a child you know!" She scolded him.

"I know, I know," he laughed, pulling his hand back to his side. "But you sure do act like one sometimes," he said with a wink as he started to turn around. May stuck her tongue out at him. He was a few paces in front of her when she realized he was leaving.

"Hey! Where are you going?" She asked, scrambling to catch up with him.

"To get food. It's lunchtime and I'm hungry" he said as if it was obvious. May's face lit up.

"You're right! It is lunchtime! Hey Drew, we haven't seen each other in awhile! Let's go to lunch together and catch up!"

"Fine, but I'm not buying your food, you always eat so much," Drew complained.

"That's so rude!" May huffed, her face screwed into a pout.

"The truth hurts May," Drew shrugged.

"Still! It's mean! It's not polite to comment on how a girl eats," May complained.

"But you have no problem complaining about the mass quantities of food Ash shoves down his throat. That's not fair," Drew pointed out.

"Okay, fine, I was being hypocritical. In general you shouldn't comment rudely on how someone eats!" May corrected herself.

"But you do eat a lot," Drew said. She grumbled and glared at him in frustration. Drew abruptly turned and she walked past him a step until he grabbed a hold of her and dragged her into a small restaurant. She wriggled out of his grasp and gave a small huff in annoyance at him, puffing her cheeks up. He chuckled at her.

"Settle down May, you're always so aggressive," he said to her. Her eyes narrowed at him.

"Maybe if you didn't always try to fight me and . get me all worked up, I wouldn't be so aggressive. And forget what I said earlier, you are definitely mean Drew today," she said, crossing her arms and looking away from him. She still had that pout on her face.

"Table for two?" The hostess asked, an amused expression at their display.

"Uh, yes, thank you," Drew laughed awkwardly. He dragged May with him as they followed the lady to a small table in front of a large window. The hostess placed the small menus onto the table before smiling courteously at them.