Chapter Sixteen | He Won't Let Me Die

Clarke was facing the Grounder seconds later. "All this time he knew Finn and Aurora were gonna die! No matter what we did! WHAT IS IT?! IS THERE AN ANTIDOTE?!"

Octavia had followed her up, staring at the scene in front of her. Aurora looked like death, lying on the floor. Bellamy had his heavy gaze flashing between Aurora and the Grounder, seconds from snapping and Clarke... Clarke looked scared, and angry.

"Clarke, he doesn't understand you." Octavia said softly as she cautiously approached.

Aurora peeled her eyes open. She sucked in a heavy breath, a cough leaving her lips. Her chest was constricting, heavy and her breathing was no better. "Bell?"

Conversation died at her voice. It was raspy and weak, barely heard over the storm looming outside. Everyone turned to her, Bellamy biting his cheek as he moved over. There was a fresh sheen of sweat covering her skin, cheeks red. Bellamy crouched down, pulling Aurora back into a sitting position. He held her cheek, frowning as he met her eyes. "Your okay. Your gonna be okay."

His voice held a promise. He sent the Grounder a sharp look. He was not going to let Aurora die without a fight. He knew right now that he would do any and everything to save her life. Even if that meant torture.

Aurora chuckled weakly. "I don't feel okay." Bellamy brought his eyes back to her, face softening. "Is Finn...?"

Clarke spoke up then. "He'll be okay too."

Clarke released an irritated sigh as she glanced back at the Grounder. Bellamy pressed his lips to Aurora's forehead before he stood, walking over to the Grounder with purpose. He gave him a heated stare, locking eyes. "Vials." he breathed as realization filled him. Bellamy gave Miller a glare. "Miller, grab the vials."

The Grounder's eyes flickered to Miller, so fast Bellamy had almost missed it. Miller rushed the vials to Clarke, the girl crashing to her knees as she placed the satchel in front of her. She rolled it open, exposing about 10 small vials, all a different shade of color. She ran her fingers over all of them. "You'd have to be stupid to have a poison around this long without a antidote." She brought wide pleading eyes to the Grounders. "Which one?"

The Grounder remained silent, eyes staring down at Clarke. His face barley twisted at the question. Aurora blinked her eyes as she stared at him, hand over her hurting chest. Maybe he really didn't speak English?

Bellamy's jaw clenched. "Answer the question!"

The Grounder's eyes lazily looked to Bellamy before returning to a still desperate Clarke. Clarke's face was red, eyes wide. Octavia stepped up then, the Grounder snapping his gaze to hers quickly. The Blake sibling licked her lips. "Show us! Please!"

Something flashed in the Grounder's eyes as he stared at Octavia, something that had Aurora frowning. Clarke glanced between the pair for a moment before sending the Grounder yet another pleading look. She got to her feet then. "Which one? Our friends are dying... And you can stop that."

Bellamy shared a look with Clarke, before his eyes landed on Aurora. He stared at her for a silent moment, licking his lips. He turned back to the Grounder with hard eyes, jaw set. He quickly brushed under his nose, sniffling as he walked towards the Grounder. "I'll get him to talk."

Bellamy reared back his arm, fist ready as he prepared to punch the Grounder. Octavia on the other hand didn't agree as she lunged forward, grabbing Bellamy's arm before he could fly it out. "Bellamy, no!"

Her grip was tight as Bellamy turned to her. He ripped his arm from her, angry as he turned his body to face his younger sister. "He wants Finn and Aurora to DIE! Why can't you see that?!" His loud voice echoed in the small room, Aurora frowning as she watched. Bellamy gave his sister a pointed look before turning his eyes to Clarke. "Do you want them to live or not?"