Chapter Thirty-Two | What Are You Thinking Now? Hmm?

With the rope now hanging over the bar the noose swung back and forth. The more Bellamy watched it the more he realized how it loomed overhead menacingly. He couldn't let Murphy do this. He couldn't just give up. If he did what Murphy wanted then what was to stop the boy from just killing Aurora?

Under the rope sat a crate, one almost exactly like the one Murphy had to stand on. Bellamy was sure Murphy had done this on purpose. He did want Bellamy to feel what he had felt.

"Stand on it." Murphy demanded. "Put it over your head."

"This is insane." Bellamy countered, refusing to move any closer to the crate. "The Grounder's could-"

"No!" Murphy cut him off angrily. "Get on it."

Bellamy sighed moving to the crate. He got onto it but didn't dare touch the rope.

"Put it over your head." Murphy snapped, eyes narrowed.

"No." Bellamy shook his head. "I'm not going to kill myself."

Murphy walked to Aurora, stopping next to her body. He gave her a dark look before turning back to Bellamy. "Last chance."

"No." Bellamy snapped back, voice firm.

Then Murphy had his foot pressing down on the knife in Aurora's hand, the girl screaming at the pain. Bellamy's heart clenched as he pulled the noose around his head. "Happy now? Leave her alone."

Murphy smirked, removing his foot as Aurora whimpered. He didn't move away from her though. "Your so brave, aren't you? I mean... You came in here thinking you're just gonna turn this whole thing around. That your stronger than me... That maybe one of your friends would come and help you... " Murphy moved closer to Bellamy, stopping before the boy. In one fluid motion he kicked the crate from beneath his feet, the noose tightening around his throat. Bellamy's eyes were wide as he reacted quick to wrap his hands around the rope, keeping it from cutting off his air supply. "Well, what are you thinking now, Bellamy? Hmm?"

Murphy moved away from Bellamy, the boy's feet inches from the ground. He grunted as the rope dug into his fingers, still slightly choking him. He felt helpless as Murphy moved back to Aurora. He stared down at the girl. "You know... I gotta hand it to you, Bellamy. You got em all fooled." Murphy turned back to meet Bellamy's gaze. "They actually look up to you." He scoffed, laughing coldly. "Almost as much as they do Clarke..." Murphy crouched down by Aurora, brushing the hair from her face. The girl flinched away. "Even Aurora here."

"Leave her alone." Bellamy grunted out, jerking against the rope.

Murphy smiled down at her before pulling his hand away and turning to look at Bellamy again. "But we know the truth, don't we? Your a coward." Murphy stood back up, moving to stand before Bellamy. "I learned that the day you kicked the crate out from under me."

"I..." Bellamy grunted again. "I should've stopped them."

"Yeah. It's a little late for that now."

"You think they're just gonna let you walk out of here?" Bellamy asked, face getting red from the effort of keeping the rope away from his throat.

"Well, I think the princess is dead..." Murphy shot back, referring to Clarke. "But I know the King's about to die and once your gone... I'm gonna put a bullet in the Queen's skull. So, who's really gonna lead these people, huh? Me, that's who and yeah... maybe I'll have to kill your Grounder-pounding little sister..."

Bellamy jerked against the rope again, Murphy smirking.

A noise came from under the floors, Murphy's eyes moving to it. His smile brightened. "I'm guessing that's her right now."