Chapter 10 - Euphoria

Over the next week, Taehyung and Jungkook spent their time getting to know each other better, talking about their interests and bonding over their mutual likes. For Jungkook, Taehyung was everything he could ask for in a mate, his sweet nature made him the perfect companion compared to Jungkooks wild wolf.

They were both sitting in a café, sharing a sundae when Jungkooks eyes started glaring a deep red. Taehyung turned around and noticed Bogum had walked in. Taehyung noticed Jungkook growling and decided it would be best to clear the air.

"I'm going to call Bogum hyung over here"

"What? You have got to be kidding me Tae, after he took advantage of you?"

"He's always been there for me and I don't want to lose him, please try to understand. Besides, I was just as much to blame as he was. Please Jungkook?"

Jungkook said nothing and just gestured with his hand in approval. Taehyung beckoned Bogum over who came quickly and grabbed a seat on the edge of the table. No one said anything for a couple minutes before Bogum broke the ice.

"I owe you two an apology"

"Yes, you do-ow!" Jungkook cried out as Taehyung kicked him under the table and motioned for Bogum to continue

"I'm sorry for what happened the other night. It's just that I can't stand to see Taehyung hurting and I would do anything to make sure it doesn't happen. We've been through a lot together and I would do anything for him, he's my closest friend and I know it doesn't make it right but Tae looked so hurt and I- "

He stopped and looked at Taehyung who was crying quietly. Jungkook was looking alarmed and protective.

"What's wrong love?"

"I just feel so bad. Bogum hyung, you were my only protection and even took the worst of the experience in that lab and I used you when I was hurting. It's not fair" he cried

"Tae-ah don't cry please" Bogum reached out but hesitated when he saw Jungkook make his way around the table and put his arm over Taehyung to comfort him.

"Listen love, you don't have to stop being friends with Bogum hyung, we were all drunk and it was a misunderstanding okay? You've done nothing wrong, either of you"

Taehyungs crying had reduced to a sniffle and he looked up at Jungkook "You mean that?"

"Of course, I do"

Taehyung hugged Jungkook before turning to hug Bogum. Jungkooks wolf began stirring but he knew he had to let this happen for Taehyung, he wouldn't be the one to take away his childhood friend, the one who protected his mate before he even could.

"Jungkook, I hope we can move past thing and become good friends, Taehyung means the world to me and I know you'll take care of him"

"What about you hyung? Are you okay? I don't want you to be alone"

"It's okay Tae, I found my mate already"

Jungkook and Taehyung looked up at Bogum with curious eyes

"Here he is now"

They both turned to see Baekhyun walking in to the café, waving lovingly at Bogum. He came over to greet the three sitting down before excusing himself and Bogum to their own table. Taehyung let out a sigh of relief and turned to Jungkook.

"Thank you for the way you handled that"

"Anything for you love, your happiness comes above all else"

They shared a tender kiss before finishing off the sundae between them.

------------

1 week later - Friday