Chapter 14 - DNA

Jungkook ran to the kitchen, quickly heating up some of the food that Hoseok left for them. He carefully placed the japchae on a tray along with some fruit before walking back into the bedroom. The sight of his mate sleeping peacefully put Jungkook at ease. He placed the tray on the table by the bed and gently shook Taehyungs shoulders.

"Baby? I got you some japchae that hyung made"

Taehyung let out soft whine before turning away from Jungkook and scooting below the covers. Watching how his mate had turned into this stroppy wolf made Jungkook giggle. He rolled Taehyung over, who was now visibly pouting and kissed him on the lips.

"Come on baby"

"Urgh, fine"

Taehyung sat up lazily as Jungkook handed him a bowl of food. He took his own bowl and made his way to the other side of the bed before turning on the TV and played a movie that neither was really watching, it just served as background noise for their comfortable silence. They had finished their dinner and Jungkook took the empty dishes downstairs.

He had come back into the room to find Taehyung sitting up laughing at some cartoon on the TV. It was hard to imagine that the boy with the beautiful boxy smile was such an animal earlier. The thought made Jungkooks member twitch slightly but he held himself together for later. He jumped back into the bed and pulled Taehyung in for a hug before littering his face with small butterfly kisses.

"Haha, Jungkook it tickles, stop" Taehyung giggled trying to push him away.

Jungkook stopped but continued to holding Taehyungs waist, pulling him into a tight embrace. Taehyung let his hands snake around Jungkook, holding him tighter.

"How you feeling Tae?"

"A lot better, I don't know how my body got over that so quick"

"It's the heat, you body heals a lot faster than usual to prepare for...you know" Jungkook blushed.

"Now who's shy hmm? Taehyung teased.

He playfully punched Jungkooks chest and before he knew it, they were both rolling around on the bed, tickling each other and laughing before the sound of Taehyungs phone ringing put a stop to their play. He jumped over the bed to pick up his phone.

"Hoseok hyung!"

"Taebear! Everything okay? I didn't want to interrupt but I got a message from Jungkook to say your first wave of heat is over"

"Everything's okay hyung, I miss you though. How are you?"

"I miss you too, I'm just glad you're okay. Bogum is here now! He's going to stay while you're away, we have loads to catch up on"

"Oh good, I was worried leaving you alone when I didn't know how long it would be for"

"Don't be silly Tae, let me do the worrying okay?"

"I will do it too hyung!"

He could hear Hoseok laughing on the other side of the line "Seems like my Taebear is really growing up. I should leave you to it. Call me whenever you want okay? I love you"

"Yes hyung, I love you too"

He hung up the phone and turned to Jungkook who was smiling at him as if he had a hanger in his mouth.

"What's with the joker smile?"

"I just love to hear you happy"

"With you, I'm always happy" Taehyung spoke before kissing Jungkook passionately.