Chapter 24: This Way

You left me this scar on my heart...

"She's taking the loss out on me. I knew she would be angry but I really didn't think she would be this upset." Kenny sighed as he folded his arms over his chest.

"All you have to do right now is be patient with her and understanding. The woman is infertile, give her some space-"

"I've been doing that. I just don't know why she's blaming me- I wasn't the one who fell down the freaking stairs!" He yelled in frustration.

"Kenneth." Julia scolded, "you better go walk that temper off." She sternly said pointing off towards the hallway.

Kenny let out a frustrated breathe, he stared at his mother before he nodded his head and walked off. Julia looked over towards Toni who was asleep in her hospital bed through the window. Julia sighed staring at Toni before she faced Kenny who came walking her way.

"Did that small walk help you?" Julia asked.

Kenny shrugged before he looked over at Toni as well.

"I don't know what to do ma..." Kenny trailed off facing Julia. "You're both gonna get through this." Julia assured rubbing the sides of his arms.

"One day at a time son. This to shall pass."

"Yeah I guess you're right." Kenny nodded glancing over at Toni.

"I'm gonna head home. You should go get some rest yourself." Julia pecked his cheek before she fixed the sling to her bag over her shoulder.

"Bye ma." He waved as she walked off.

Kenny stepped into Toni's room closing the door behind him. He looked around before he walked up to her side and took her hand into his and immediately she snatched it away turning over.

"Please just leave." She softly said.

Kenny pulled his face in confusion.

"I heard everything, you blame me and you've been blaming me, just get the hell out of here!" She said loudly sitting up to face him.

"Get out!" She yelled pointing towards the door.

"That's not tru-"

"I heard you." She shook her head, "and you guys think I'm sick. Just because I can't have any kids, it's your fault that I can't have kids! You are the reason why I'm in here- why the hell am I in here?-"

"You fainted-"

"I hate this place! I hate it! I don't want to be here!" She yelled as she began to rip the tubes off from her arms.

"Toni-"

"Leave me the hell alone! I hate you!" She yelled beginning to get out the bed.

"Let me help you-"

"Don't touch me." She groaned through gritted teeth.

He immediately backed away from her. He swallowed his saliva as he watched her struggle to balance and walk on her own. She grabbed onto the counters and railings before she began to squint her eyes.

"Toni!" Kenny shouted as everything around her became silent, an alarm began to ring in her ears she looked over at Kenny and only witnessed the movement of his lips her vision became blurry causing her to let go of the railings.

Toni tossed her hand in front of her face to block out the bright light that flashed before her. Suddenly the light vanished and suddenly there was a dark hallway.

"Mommy." She heard someone call.

"Mommy!" A little boy screamed at her before he ran down the hallway.

"Me?" Toni asked looking around her.

"Yes mommy, come here." He said from afar.

Toni tilted her head to the side as her eyes slightly widened.

"Kenny?" She asked for confirmation, the little boy looked just like him, "oh mommy you're so silly." He giggled.

"Come." He waved towards himself.

She began to walk down the hallway following the little boys footsteps. The hallway finally led into a large garden. The garden was filled with flowers and butterflies.

"What is this?" Toni asked.

"It's my home mommy." He faced her and smiled. "Theo?" She asked barely above a whisper biting down on her lip.

Toni looked up and witnessed that same bright light once again, she squinted her eyes as the light suddenly turned into a lot of angels with white wings and halos above their heads.

"Baby let's go. Come with mommy." Toni begged kneeling down to his level.

He ignored her as he began to play with a soccer ball.

"Theo." Toni called trying to reach for him.

He backed away and faced her, "these are all my friends mommy. It's really nice here." He smiled.

She felt a couple tears slip down her face.

"Stay with me mommy." Theo begged reaching his hand out to her.

She stared at him before she looked behind her at the dark hallway.

"Toni!" She heard Kenny call but he was nowhere to be seen, "please mommy..." Theo frowned.

She faced him and stood up...

Happy birthday mamas!