Chapter 2

It was the next morning and Maya woke up.
She and Riley was sharing a room so Maya pretty much knew when she got in and if she were to stay up late.
When Maya woke up she saw the snow was already falling.
And not a little.
It was definitely a lot and definitely the biggest one in a long time.
Maya got up and got dressed then she went in front where she found Josh.

Maya's outfit

"Morning Josh," Maya said

"Morning. Can I pour you some tea?" Josh asked.
"Please. Wow. It's cold," Maya said.
"And not safe. If there is a avalanche we are dead. Here you go."
"Thanks. Are we the only one's up?" Maya asked then both sat down.
"Yeah. Looks like everyone else is fast asleep. Do you know how long it will last?" Josh asked.
"No just that it is the biggest one yet," Maya said.

"You guys are up early," Cory said.
"Can't sleep the entire day. Have you figured out how you're gonna keep the kids busy?" Josh asked.
"They can keep themselves busy," Cory said.
"Josh actually has a point Mr Matthews. You can't leave them to their own mercy. What about a game? I can ask Lauren if she has something for us to do," Maya said.
"Why don't you go do that Maya?" Josh said and Maya was gone.

"In love?" Cory asked.
"Don't be ridiculous," Josh said.

"Lauren, morning," Maya said.
"Morning dear. How can I help?" Lauren asked.
"Do you have board games or something like that? Mr Matthews is looking for something to do with the students," Maya said.
"Yeah I do actually. Aren't you supposed to be heading back to NYC?" Lauren asked.
"Roads are closed because of the snow," Maya said and Lauren gave Maya a box.
"Thank you," Maya said.

"Wow. That looks like a lot. Let me help," Josh said and took the box.
"Thanks. Maybe we can get a few games from here. It looks like a lot of fun stuff. Monopoly, snakes and ladders, Cluedo. What is this?" Maya asked and grabbed a box with cards.
"This almost looks like sixty seconds," Maya said and Josh looked.
"Not actually. I played it before. You say the top word and then the first person to guess the answer wins. It's very fun," Josh said.
"What's fun?" Riley asked as she came out with Lucas and Farkle.
"I got games for us to play. A Time passing or something like that."
"Okay so what is going to be the first one then? We can do with a distraction while we have to wait for the rest yo wake up," Riley said.
"Let's play this one. Who is gonna be with who?" Josh asked.
"Me and Riley will pair up," Lucas said.
"I'll ask the questions. You're with Maya," Farkle said.
"Okay let's see what we have here," Cory said.
"Okay this is a lot about music, theater and cities," Farkle said.
"Begin," Maya said.
"Josh and Riley are it for this round. Get ready," Farkle said.
"Ready."

Riley
Josh

"Two cities in Texas."
"Dallas and Austin."
"Largest city in New York?"
"Manhattan."
"Two states in America?"
"Pennsylvania and New York City."
"Two music schools in New York City."
"Mannes School of Music. Manhattan School of Music."
"Horse rides in New York."
"Central Park."
"What attraction is there at NYC for animals?"
"Central Park Zoo."

"Done. Okay Lucas and Maya. You're up. And this one is all music and theater so be prepared Lucas," Farkle said.
"Start," Lucas said.

Maya
Lucas

"City which film was renamed after. Happened in New Jersey."
"Riverdale."
"Musician of following song. Hello its me. I've been wondering if after all these years you remember me."
"Adele."
"Two Heartland characters."
"Amy Fleming and Ty Borden."
"And for extra credit the names of the people."
"Amber Marshall and Graham Wardle."
"Where is Heartland shooted?"
"Manhattan."
"Wrong."
"Hudson, Canada."
"Good. Okay this is more music wise. Finish the lyrics. Friday night and the lights are low."
"Looking out for a place to go. Where they play the right music. Getting in the swing. You come to look for a king."
"Good work. You know how I get when the sun goes down. How it feels when no one's around. I know, I know-oh-oh-oh. I know, I know-oh-oh."
"I get kind of lost and I can't see straight. Hate it but it's just what we take."
"Good. Okay. I'd sing acapella in the rain."
"Let the whole world think I've gone mad."
"No."
"Let the whole world think I've gone insane. Give you all my money and my name. Nothing I wouldn't do. Nothing I wouldn't do. When I'm crazy and I don't know why. Won't you calm me down and read my mind?. Would you still send shivers up my spine. Nothing I wouldn't do. Nothing I wouldn't do."
"On purpose," Lucas sigh.
"Next. You can feel it, I can feel it."
"Like we're both awake and dreaming. There's nowhere else we'd rather be. We're making our own history."
"Right. Falling a thousand feet per second, you still take me by surprise."
"I just know we can't be over, I can see it in your eyes. Making every kind of silence, takes a lot to realize. It's worse to finish than to start all over and never let it lie. And as long as I can feel you holding on. I won't fall, even if you said I was wrong. "
"And for extra points?"
"Perfect by Hedley."
"Good. Okay say the lyrics to When to let go."
"To what?" Lucas said.
"Seasons turn, Winter’s gone. The rain can finally fall. Spring time’s got it all. It brings a new song everyday. The cow jumped over the moon. I have a silver spoon. Dream of holding you one day. But I can hear my mama say. Love that child with all of your soul. But there’s one hard thing that you need to know. If you really want your love to show. Know when to hold one and when to let go. "
"Great. I won't lie to you. I know he's just not right for you
And you can tell me if I'm off. But I see it on your face. When you say that he's the one that you want."
"And you're spending all your time. In this wrong situation. And anytime you want it to stop."
"Good. Because it's love."
"Every time I look at your face. I get this feeling. Every time I look in your eyes. It starts healing. Every time we walk side by side. Yes I get this feeling. Because it's love, yes it's love. Oh it's love. Yes it's love."

"I'm done," Lucas said.
"We lost to about fifty points," Riley said.
"Where did you learn so much about music and theater?" Josh asked.
"I spend a lot of time on my own then I do my own thing."