Chapter 19

It was just a few days later and Maya was busy packing up her stuff.
They are leaving the next day for New York and Maya had a lot to do before then.
She hears the door opening and soon facing Amy.

"Hey Mrs Matthews. What's up?" Maya asked.
"Not much. You guys leaving already?" Amy asked.
"Tomorrow but I want a head start. Listen I was actually hoping to see you. Can we talk?"
"Yeah," Amy said sitting down next to Maya on the bed.
"I want you to know that I'm not planning on keeping your son away from you. We spoke the other day about him coming over more often and I don't know if he is going to listen but I don't want to drive your son away from you. I know how important family is," Maya said.
"I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's never good losing a parent," Amy said.
"Thank you but I think everyone is going to be just fine. I believe it," Maya said.
"You're good for him. My son is happy for the first time in awhile and my husband is laughing again. Thank you. You are a real help," Amy said.
"It's no problem. I'm just glad to be able to help anyone. And the distraction is really good. Riley called me yesterday saying the funeral arrangements are in place. Within the next week I'm saying goodbye to my parents for real. For good as well. I'm not gonna cry. I have to finish here," Maya said as she stood up.
"Okay. I'm here if you want to talk, okay?" Amy said.
"Thank you Mrs Matthews."